Chapter 22

Sorry for not updating recently.

Drift's POV

I can't think of where Lynx would have taken Calamity. I know they are most likely in the snow area, but where? I get up and put on my Kitsune mask and robe. I exit the hotel and hop into an ATK. I drive towards the snow area. Time to search for them.

Calamity's POV

I wake up, my head aching. I need to find a way out. There has to be one. I look around and see a man that has a lock on his face and ice on him. He seems he's been here for a while.

"H-hello, sir?" I say nervously. He turns to me with a frown on his face which is visible from under the lock. He just stares at me. "Are y-you able t-to speak?" He looks away from me.

"There is no way out," he says in a deep, lifeless voice. "I've been trapped here for so long. I have lost hope a while ago. I have power, but I am unsure what it is."

"I'm sorry... do you have a name? Mine is Calamity," I say with sorrow in my voice.

"Calamity... they talked about you a lot. You can call me The Prisoner," he says with no expression. What does he mean by they talked about me?

"Well Prisoner, we will find a way out together. I will help you unlock your power and escape," I say with hope in my voice.

"You would really do that?" he asks me. He turns to me.

"Of course! We both want to be out of here. Why not help each other out?" I say with a smile. I see a smile form. 

"Thank you, Calamity."

"No problem, Prisoner."

"DADDY, SHOULD I GIVE THEM THIS FOOD?" Lynx shouts from upstairs. The Ice King's response is inaudible. Lynx comes downstairs with some food. At least it looks decent. I have no clue what it is, but it looks like mashed potatoes. Maybe that's what it is. "You're lucky that we are just keeping you captive or you wouldn't be eating," she says in a snobby tone.

"Don't act all snobby and happy just because you captured me. Drift will come for me," I tell her smirking.

"Oh, are you sure about that? Did you already forget about my plan? Dad doesn't want you to be killed yet, so I'll just need to say you're dead instead. He's no fun. Maybe after the plan is successful I can kill you," Lynx snaps.

"You seem overly excited over a plan that still has chances of not working," Prisoner says.

"SHUT UP, FIRE KIN- I MEAN PRISONER!" Lynx shouts then storms upstairs.

"Fire King..." I say.

"Who?" Prisoner asks.

"She almost called you Fire King. Maybe your power is fire," I say looking at him.

"If that is correct, I would be able to burn these shackles, get us both out of here, and get my revenge on the Ice King," he says hopefully. That's the first time he has sounded hopeful.

"The only thing is... how do we release your power?"

Drift's POV

I've been driving around the snow area for a few minutes. I'm on the side of Polar Peak, right by the entrance area to the castle. My phone buzzes so I stop and pick it up.

"Drift! Calamity was killed by the Ice King while we were having a walk!! You need to come ASAP At Happy" Lynx texts me. My heart drops. There's a thump as my phone hits the floor of the ATK. Tears stream down my face like little rivers. How could I let this happen? I put my head into my hands. Lynx mentioned the Ice King. He's the one who killed her. I can't let him get away with it. I exit the ATK and start to pace around. The Team most likely already knows about it. They'll probably call me soon enough for a meeting. They're planning will take too long. I can't wait for a plan. I look at the castle, which is not far from me. I start to walk towards it. Mt robe starts to glow pink and the white eyes of my Kitsune mask start to flicker pink. Rift's Edge is summoned to me as I'm walking. I ball my hand into a fist, pink lightning coming out of my hand when I form the fist. Lighting starts to surround me. I must do this myself.