Chapter 23

Drift's POV

I walk into the castle, not caring if anyone sees me. I go down a flight of stairs. Instead of the Ice King, Lynx and Zenith are there.

"Woah Drift, hot upgrade," Lynx says casually.

"Where's the Ice King?" I ask ignoring her comment.

"I don't know. Why do you need to know where he is anyways?" Zenith asks me.

"Well, according to Lynx he's the one that killed Calamity," I say angrily.

"Oh yeah, my mind completely blanked and I forgot you two were together. I'm so sorry, Drift," he replies with sorrow.

"It's fine. Is he at least in the castle?" I ask annoyed.

"Yes, he is," Lynx answers. Then there's footsteps. Loud footsteps.

"Someone is looking for me?" a echoy, booming male voice asks. I turn around and see him. The Ice King.

"You... You're the one who killed Calamity!" I shout at him.

"Killed Calamity?" he says in a confused tone.

"Don't play games with me," I snap.

"I never killed Calamity," Ice King says. Now he's acting like he didn't do it. Amazing. I swing Rift's Edge at him causing some lightning to go around him. He winced in pain from the heat. The lightning soon disappears.

"I'm not playing these games!" I shout.(a bit of a HardstopLucas reference) He looks at me. His expression is unreadable since his face really has not expression as it's not really a face.

"I'm not playing any games. I never killed Calamity," he says in a serious tone. A wave of rage rushes over me. Lynx walks away.

"Drift!" Zenith yells at me. I turn to him.

"What is it, Zenith?" I say, rage growing inside me. My lightning is more active as I use more power with my rage coming out.

"Calamity isn't dead! She's being held captive by Lynx and the Ice King. She forced me to not say anything," Zenith says. I look at the Ice King. "Her plan was to kill Calamity and frame the Ice King for her death. The Ice King didn't want Calamity dead when Lynx asked him if she could kill Calamity. Lynx then modified her plan to frame the Ice King for the murder of Calamity that never happened. She didn't say any of this to the Ice King cause she knew he would disagree and all she wanted was for Calamity to not be with you and for her to take you," Zenith explains. I feel my body relax hearing that Calamity is alive.

"Show me to her," I say calmly. The Ice King nods and takes me to where Calamity is.

When we get there, I see Calamity there. She's staring at the ground with her wrists in the shackles.

"C-Calamity!?" I say joyfully.

"D-Drift?" she happily says and looks up.

"You are being let free, Calamity. Go with your boyfriend and I'll take care of my daughter," The Ice King says.

"Wait, can you let him free, too?" she asks point at a man who's skin is gray and has a lock on his face. The Ice King nods and lets the man free. The man looks up and a smile appears on his mouth that is visible directly under the lock.

"Thank you," he says with a cold, dead voice.

"You're welcome, Fire King. Don't expect me to be thid nice in the future. This is just because of Calamity's request," The Ice King replies. He then walks upstairs. I hope Lynx gets in huge trouble. She deserves it.

"What's up with the lightning?" Calamity asks me.

"Well, I suppose I could tell you now. When I came through the rift, I got these strange powers. I know I can control rifts. Kinda. You saw it when we went to get the Ace and Wildcard, but that was really just me using Rift's Edge," I say trying to explain it. She nods as a response.

"We should go," she looks back at the man The Ice King called the Fire King.

"You may go. I will leave in my own time," he says. She nods. I take rifts edge and with one swing a rift opens. She steps through. I follow behind her. I close the rift and we are back at the hotel. Today has been a tough day.