Chapter 24

Drift's POV

I take off my Kitsune mask and strip off of my robe, putting them aside. I pull my hood down and look over at Calamity, who's still in her vampire hunting clothing. I take off my dust mask and walk up to her. She looks at me and cocks her head as I look at her grinning. I pull down her bandanna and give her a gentle, passionate kiss. I feel her flinch then kiss back. I tightly wrap my arms around her body. Her hands go onto my chest as she converts to a French Kiss. I feel my face warm up.

"Am I interrupting something?" Brite Bomber says from the doorway in a tone that lets you know what she was thinking about. I break the kiss from Calamity and we both release each other, a shade of blush covering out faces. Brite Bomber stands there snickering.

"N-no... what are you doing here anyways? Did Wick send you for some type of message," I say in a teasing tone since she's always the person who tends to get sent to send a message. She rolls her eyes at me. She can't expect to come at me without something coming back. I then notice her looking at my lower face. She's obviously confused since my dust mask is off for once.

"It's off?!" she exclaims confusedly.

"What's off," I say sarcastically and laughing.

"You know what. No, this is so weird seeing you. Whaaat?" I just laugh at her reaction. "Maybe you should wear that dusk mask less often."

"And why is that?" I ask her. Then the author realizes Calamity hasn't spoken yet and that she needs to say something!

"Maybe because your full face is amazing and handsome," Calamity says quietly. I can tell that Brite Bomber heard her too by the way she clasped her hands together and put an expression on her face that just said "Awwwww" for her. "I mean, not that you don't look good with it on, you look good either way. It's just nice to see your full face."

"You're so kind," I say to her an wrap one of my arms around her. "Has Raptor asked you out yet?"

"Wait what? What do you mean?" Brite Bomber asks him confused.

"Oops. I don't think I was supposed to say that. C'mon, Calamity. Let's just..." I say holding Calamity's hand going towards the door. Brite Bomber moves her body to block the entrance.

"What do you mean by that?" Brite Bomber asks.

"He's been wanting to ask you out for a while. That's all," I say trying not to get in depth so Raptor doesn't kill me. If he finds out I told her then I'm as good as dead. Brite Bomber moves out of the doorway into the hallway.

"You alright, Brite?" Calamtiy asks.

"Does he actually like me like that?" she asks confused. I nod, already regretting telling her. I see anger grow on her face. I guess I didn't do a good thing. Whoops. "If Brite Gunner found out about him liking me and Raptor tried to make any move, Brite Gunner would dump me in a heartbeat since neither of us can stand cheating! He would be so angry with me and lose trust in me!" she exclaims angerly. She lets out a hard sigh. I walk down the steps with Calamity.

"We should probably let her cool down," I say nervously.

"At least you told her. It's better than her not knowing and Brite Gunner dumping her," Calamity replies shrugging. Calamity is right. Brite Bomber would be angrier if she got dumped than knowing that Raptor likes her. I nod in agreement.

"What now?" I ask curiously.

"Oh yeah! I have a surprise for you, Drifty!!" Calamity says happily. I blush at the nickname.

"S-surprise?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, you're so kind and sweet to me, saved my life, and did many other things I thought I'd repay you."

"Oh, you don't have to."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to," she replies. My heart flutters at those words. Before I know it, she ties a blindfold around my eyes. We walk for a bit then stop.

"Three... Two... One... Surprise!" she exclaims and pulls off the blindfold. My jaw drops as I see...