chapter III

KARLIE'S POV

     After a few days of talking with mereditholivia13, I've found out a few things about her that make my heart skip a beat: 1) She likes to write songs, though she won't sing for me. How rude! 2) She's incredibly smart and witty! And a bit nerdy like me! 3) She loves to read - she's perfect. I am a english teacher after all, I love to read too.

      My heart races everytime my phone lights up with her name. I just wish that I could find out who she was! I want to get closer with her. I want to take her on dates, hold her hand, watch movies together, and bake with her.

      It was around 2:50 pm, my last class would be here in about 10 minutes, so I sat down. Taylor also crossed my mind which I automatically felt guilty about. I'm crushing hard on this online girl, I can't have a attraction to my student! 'A freaking student... Karlie get it together!' I thought, cursing myself. The bell snapped me out of my thoughts and I stood. "Okay class, don't forget your essays are due Monday!" I said as they all rushed out. I sighed, then flopped back into my chair as the next class started rolling in.

     "Uh Ms. Kloss." I hear someone say and I look up only to be met with the most gorgeous blue eyes, plump lips, and silky hair. "Hi Taylor!" I smiled and sat up. "What can I do for you?" I asked.

      "Well... I'm having trouble with my essay and I was wondering, if it's not too much to ask, would you mind meeting me somewhere Saturday to help me?" she asked. I could tell she was nervous. A part of me wanted to say no, so that I wouldn't have to torture myself to not think of her the way an adult should not think about a girl this age. Well... she's almost an adult right?

    "Yes of course!" My heart said before I could deny her, "How about that little coffee shop on Sunset and Vine?" I suggested, "It's quiet and has yummy brunch!"

     She smiled and thanked me, "Yes please, that would be perfect! Thank you so much Ms. Kloss! Could you meet me there tomorrow at... eleven?" asked Taylor. "Of course! See you there...you should go ahead and take your seat now, I'll give you time to work on your essay in class today so I can be of more help tomorrow." I gave her a large smile and she nodded. "Of course, thank you again," she said greatfully. "No problem!" I responded eagerly.

   During class I looked up and saw most people working diligently. I couldn't resist the urge to text mereditholivia13. I mean my students are occupied, I can text a bit. Pulling out my phone, I bit my lip and texted her number.

6'2giraffefromthelou: Hey, how has your day been?

As soon as it sent I heard a phone go off, it sounded like a cat meow. I looked over to see Taylor blushing. It was honestly the cutest thing I've ever witnessed. "I'm sorry Ms. Kloss, I turned it off," she said with rosy cheeks. "It's okay, please don't let it happen again." I said and looked back at my phone. That's so strange, she got a text the same time I sent one... oh my god.

     I looked at the clock and saw there was about 5 minutes left of class. "Alright everyone pack up, you can have the rest of the class period to yourself." My students nodded and a few thanked me. They began talking to each other, texting, and laughing, so I didn't even notice my own phone go off. It was her. I smiled and looked around the room seeing Taylor looking at me strangely then looking back down at her phone. She typed something and then looked back up at me, only for my phone to go off again. Her face looked horrified and I grabbed my phone seeing the messages.

mereditholivia13: sorry I didn't text back I was in class. actually when you texted me my phone went off and it was embarrassing.

mereditholivia13:  wait are you... oh my god

      I looked up at her and she looked like a deer in the headlights. I gulped and sent another message to test my theory.

6'2giraffefromthelou: how old are you? please tell me you don't have a cat's meow as your ringtone and that you're not in my class right now.

     I sent it, then put my head in my hands honestly so confused about what's happening.

mereditholiva13: please tell me you're not mad. Ms Kloss...

    I heard the buzz from my phone, but at that time the bell went off. I looked up and Taylor was nowhere to be found. I read the messages confirming my theory, then grabbed my things and left school. I got in my car and drove far for hours. I needed to think about what I wanted. My feelings for I guess, Taylor, were so strong. Have you ever met someone and just felt like you've known them forever? That's how I felt about her. We've been talking for what feels like forever... "What am I going to do?" I thought. I decided to text her.

6'2giraffefromthelou: meet me at the place we were talking about today. tomorrow at 11... if you need directions text me... please don't be freaked out I need to talk to you.

   Then I got a text back,

mereditholivia13: okay...