Chapter 1

Hi guys. Remember this is my first book so don't be to harsh on my grammar ;-) Enjoy. I will be using (y/n) which means your name.

You ran out of the woods at full speed heading for the fire. You could feel the smoke already entering your lungs. You did not care. Your father was your only thought. As you reached the burning village you pulled your mask on so the smoke could not get in so easily. Jumping over flames, you had reached your house to find bodies everywhere. You knew no one was gonna make it out alive except you. But what about your father? The heat was agonising but you did not stop moving. You ran up the stairs following a sound which consisted of screams and groans. As you reached the noise you saw a man on fire. It was your father.

You grabbed the a blanket and stepped on the flames putting them out. You wrapped it around him. He whimpered in pain. His breath was shallow. He did not have long to live. Tears ran down your face. "Daddy?" You cried only for him to smile and say

"I love you (y/n)" he then closed his eyes. His breathing had stopped. You wailed loudly and got up not wanting to look at his dead face. You ran but you finally realised the fire was about to finish there last meal, you.

You screamed in pain as the flames grew higher. Your mask did not help not letting in the smoke. It was clogging up your lungs. Everything went blurry and then everything went black. The last thing you heard were the flapping of wings.

You woke up to feel you head on a soft material. You slightly opened your eyes to see that you still had your mask on. You were in a small room. There was a woman in the corner of the room on the phone to someone (I know they don't have phones in Berk but for the sake of my inability to live without a phone can you just pretend they use phones). Wait where were you? Where was your father? As all the memories flooded back you instantly sat up.

"Oh your awake...hiccup I am gonna have to call you back." Said the woman in the corner of the room. She put down the phone and walked up to you. "Hello, my name is Valka. What your's?" She asked smiling.

"Ummm... My names (y/n)" you said wary about the woman before you.

"Lovely name!"

"Uur where am I?" You asked.

"This island is called Berk," She continued "my son found you on (choose an Island). He brought you back here to save your life. They have gone to look for survivers. He tells me there is no one left. Sorry... He mentioned that there was not just humans on that island there were dragons. That means your island won't be much different to ours. You are welcome to stay."

"No you can't you have already done enough. I don't even have a place to stay."

"You are now one of us. There are many places for you to stay. Please we would love for another girl on the island." You smile. (They know your a girl cuz of yo name remember you have a mask) There is no way out of this one.

"It sounds lovely." Just as you said that the door swung open to reveal a tall muscular boy around 20 (your age). He had forest green eyes. And he was incredibly handsome.

I hoped you like it. I swear nobody's gonna read this. I will update if I find out some people read this....I'm always on wattpad so u can count on me ;-) PLEASE COMMENT!!!