8

"One of our very best singers will be performing also. It'll truly be a treat." said the tribe member.

Mina wasn't listening. How could she? Life was finally looking up and she was about to become tribe leader but the one person she wanted there the most was gone. It hurt her so much. But the pay was amazing, he was going to be able to expand his portfolio. Mina was up the previous night doing research on the Roberts.

They were a multimillionaire Louisianan couple. They owned everything from fast food chains, to malls, to retail stores. And it all started from them entering the vending machine business. I mean it's so impressive. In only 20 years they had stabilized their lifestyle, their children's, their grandchildren's etc etc. Taehyung would be able to meet so many more potential clients and network his skills all from one event. She couldn't say no to him, not for this in comparison, very very small minute event.

"Mina!" her mother shouted while clearing her voice, "the tribe members are talking to you."

Mina snapped out of her daze to see a room of onlookers with dry erase markers in their hands trying to organize the ceremony. "Ah yes, I'm so sorry. Please continue."

"Yes well..." the man continued. "There are a couple things you must do before the ceremony Mina. First, spend time to yourself and reenergize the body. In whatever way you see fit." the man closed his eyes and took deep breaths which prompted the rest of the room to join him. "Second, give back to the community and reenergize the soul. Donating or spending time at shelters and foster homes can do the job." he said.

Oh well that was easy, there was a local lemonade and food bar stand that opened up from the swim team trying to raise money for their upcoming season. Mina wanted to work with them but couldn't find the time since she felt like she was running around with her head cut off. "And finally, learn to forgive even the unforgivable and reenergize the heart. Many may hurt you, but it's your responsibility to not let that pain weigh you down." he finished smiling.

Holy. Mother-loving. Shit.

"I'm sorry but, that one seems really unnecessary. I mean, I can forget but to forgive someone who hurt me would be so against my be-"

The whole room had their mouths agape as Mina's words trailed off. It seemed like there was really no getting away from it. "Um, ladies and gentlemen, would you excuse us for a moment?" your mother said while grabbing your hand and leading you outside.

"Mom, I'm not doing that. I could've died. How do they just expect me to act like that was okay." Mina pleaded.

"No one is telling you to act like it's okay, because it's not. Mina honey, being tribe leader means there's so many things that you will hear or see that could hurt so much. Mentally, emotionally, and physically. But you have to forgive them or you won't be able to endure it. Do you understand."

Mina could feel the tears swell up. She was still having nightmares from that night. Even though she had been seeing a therapist, they haunted her. He haunted her.

And now the person she needs the most, is overseas? She couldn't bother him with this. Not when his career was taking off, it wouldn't be fair. Mina wiped her face and gave her mother a big hug. "You're my strong girl." she said in the embrace.

"But it's time to forgive Jungkook."