Dead Fish

I found it a bit uncomfortable as I was the only single lady (well technically taken) in a booth filled with couples. I didn't talk much to Marty but he seemed really relax as he and June (his girlfriend) were talking about how they met and what's been going on with them. I nodded and continue to find something to talk about with them. I was hoping that no one noticed why I was still wearing my red dress coat as I forgot to wear two undershirts under my dress. 

"Oh, Gerald is gonna be late!" Miami made a pout as she received a text from him on her phone. 

"Oh well let's just get an appetizer than," Nikita said as her face was deep in the menu 

"Yeah I'm so hungry," June said as she pointing the California roll to Marty

"Maybe two California rolls and some fried shrimp?" Miami suggested to the group 

Everyone was chatting on what to order but the thought of food seemed so unappealing. My stomach was grumbling but I could feel dizzy and cold chills were recurring. I think after a couple of minutes of being absent from the conversation, June who was on the right of me leaned in "Hey are you okay?" 

I could feel the sweat on my neck, "Oh, yea-yeah"

"Why don't you take that jacket off?" Miami said happily as she was trying to break apart her chopstick to open.

"Oh, I'm just cold" I tried to reassure 

"But they have the heater on" added Marty 

I felt the whole group looking at me, sharing all the same concern look, and I decided to break away saying, "You know I just really need to use the restroom...I think I may be just be coming down with something" 

I calmly left my seat and walked at the other side of the room where the restrooms would be there. I knew I needed to throw up but I was nervous for anyone to see me like this. I thought I could control it. At least at that time.

When I arrived at the bathroom I checked the stalls before I decided to get on my knees and pull my hair back. I tried to be calm and give at least one out before I heard some footsteps. 

But it was too late I yacked 

"Hey are you okay?" said a soft voice 

"Oh, um yes...I'm sorry...I just don't feel well"

"Do you need me to call 911? Or did you come with someone maybe I can-

"No, no it's fine its all signs of the flu so there's nothing to worry about"

"Okay then"

I flushed the toilet and open the door to see that woman was still there. The woman seemed to be around the same age as me as her light blue eyes, blonde shoulder length hair, and wearing fitted jeans, giant belt, white knitted sweater, and long brown teddy bear trench coat was directing it's attention to me. 

"You good?" she asked with her ocean eyes

"Yeah I'm okay thank you...um"

The women smiled, "Devon my name is Devon" 

"Thanks, Devon...l would shake your hand but I had it near the toilet so.."

"No, I get it" she chuckled which only made me chuckle harder

I washed my hand and it seemed like she wasn't there to use the restroom

"I'm here because I'm sick...well just having that nervous stomach you know?" 

"What's making you nervous?" I said as I spit out some water into the sink

"Well my boyfriend and I are here visiting and I'm gonna meet his family and all his childhood friends. I'm meeting his ex too so I'm not sure hows that gonna work"

"Oh, I get it. Hopefully, it isn't awkward" I said as I washed my hands

"Oh, but I feel like I'll say something or do something dumb?"

"Well, you can tell you helped a lady by giving her comfort while she yacked. That's a good conversation topic" I giggled

"Oh, yeah it would be good if I was a doctor but I'm just a musician"

"oh really?" 

"Yeah, I love singing and I'm planning to be a songwriter"

"That's cool Devon" 

I finished getting myself better and I think we were both ready to head back. 

"Well thank you, Marilyn. I hope you have a good night"

"Thanks, Devon it was really nice to meet you too" 

We stepped out together and I was head to the left to my table where I could see Gerald at the table with everyone. When I got closer I saw Gerald smile and got up, "Hey babe!"

Babe?

When I got to my seat I saw Devon walk behind me to give Gerald a hug. 

Everyone didn't seem thrown off and started to greet her. As she sat down she seemed a bit awkward to see the woman who was throwing up was one of her boyfriend's friend. 

I began to drink water as I felt like I was gonna throw up again.