O•ne

I don't deny saying Harry is my best friend

"See how quiet it looks out there?" He asked, flipping his mop of tangled curls. He denies that he needs to get it cut.

"Yea, but it's also 11 at night and my parents would kill me if they saw us out there."

"You're 19, why should they be mad at you?"

"There are too many reasons." I was about to say one, such as they hate me being around water. But, Harry cut me off.

"Well too many is not enough, c'mon lets go."

Harry plies my wrist to his hand, and pulls me off the bottom step, into the beach's scratchy sand. We rush across the sand, letting the gleam of the house lights through the windows, behind us. He lets go only feet away from the water and I took a step back.

"Afraid?" He said, cupping water in his hands and throwing it at me. I laugh at him and say, "That's the ocean you just had in your hands." He makes a dumbfounded face staring at me.

"Yea and I threw that ocean at you." I smile at him and go back towards the hand made steps Dad made when I was little. Mainly so that I wouldn't drag any sand up into the house, but back then I thought we were just being fancy.

All of a sudden, and force ran into me, grabbing my shoulders, making me laugh loudly. He flipped me around so I was facing towards him.

"Mare Eloise Kaster."

"Harold Edward Styles."

"Your pretty."

"But... Your my best friend."

"But, your pretty."

"And I feel like your slightly intoxicated."

"Your not my mom."

"Oh on the contrary."

"What?"

"Never mind." I say, and Harry smiles and grabs onto my shoulders, and lightly shoves me toward the water. Me being the clumsy inner blonde I am, I fall, into the ocean, water filling my nostrils, burning. I scream, as water feels like its filling my lungs and Harry finally pulls me out of the water.

I take a deep breath and walk slowly back to the old wooden steps, bringing me to my house door. Harry walks behind me cautiously, he didn't say sorry. We never said sorry to each other; It shows weakness.
I run up the stairs and stand on my back porch.

"Is'nt it ironic that you live next to the ocean, and you never learned how to swim?" He yells. I rolls my eyes and open the door, standing in the door, when I say, "Goodnight Har'." He smiles at me.

"Goodnight El."

I woke up to hear clinking against my large framed window. I squint my eyes and stare at the alarm clock by my bed.

Knowing that no ones home except me and Harry, who is presently on my yard, I yell, "Harry its six fucking thirty in the morning!" Well loud enough for him to hear. He took that as a say for, "please, come in" And only a minute later, I see him in my door frame.

"Pack up some clothes." He says, hovering over me, as I sat off the side of my bed.

"What do you think your doing young man?"

"I'm only two weeks younger than you missy."

"two weeks can be a lot of time."

"Well in my books its not."