Chapter 1

Vegeta wandered through the corridors of the palace, looking for something to occupy his mind. He was completely bored, as his father forbid him to train while he was away, purging a planet. So, that left nothing much to do. Sure, his father left the door to his slave women's chambers open, but Vegeta wasn't interested in women. Even though they practically threw themselves at him, not even the most beautiful could thaw out his cold, stone heart. Nappa watched the young ouji wander around the same wing for the eighth time. He could tell he was bored, and suggesting a visit to the slave's chambers would be out of the question.

Vegeta was a young, strong and handsome Saiyan Ouji. He was shorter than the average saiyan, yet he was the most powerful of all the saiyans. And being part of a warrioring race, that only made him the strongest in the universe. Why he would decline many eager proposals from the women were beyond him! He growled as he rounded the corner once again, the boredom obviously getting to him.

"Dammit all!" he yelled, finally letting go of the anger he felt. "Why the fuck did my father leave me here not to spar!"

"But…you do know why…" he blurted out, suddenly wishing he hadn't. That only riled Vegeta up even more.

"Hai! To fucking fuck with sluts and whores from his personal chambers!" the ouji snapped. He began to pace again, tail flitting around angrily. Nappa swallowed, wishing he hadn't said anything at all. Then, he said let something slip out again.

"But what's so bad about it?" he quickly flustered and tried to fix up the mess he made. "Umm…I mean…you are royalty, and it is a privilege…"

"Hai." The ouji muttered softly. Nappa did the wise thing and kept quiet. "But I just wish he'd accept the fact that I'm just not interested. Becoming the strongest is a little more important to me than finding a mate." Nappa nodded his head. He knew that the young ouji was somewhat like a friend to him, even though he was just his bodyguard. And sometimes the ouji would reveal his feelings to the huge, baldheaded saiyan man. But that wasn't often. Most the times, Vegeta was stubborn, proud and arrogant. But Nappa knew there was another side to the young ouji, another softer and gentler side. Yet, Vegeta kept it well hidden under the mask of arrogance and pride. It wouldn't do for the Saiyan no Ouji to have any type of emotions.

"Well, the king may have forbid you to spar, but he didn't forbid me." He said, grinning. "And I want to fight you." Vegeta turned and smirked at his tall bodyguard.

"Fine…I won't tell if you won't." he smirked and Nappa just grinned in return.

Within the next week, the king had returned. On his return, he had brought back plenty of slaves. The evening of his arrival, Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz went down to meet him. King Vegeta looked at the three standing in front of him before looking to the guards waiting on the side for orders.

"Take the slaves to the great hall. Analyze them and find out their strong points. I'll be there shortly to give them their new slave positions." The guard nodded before a bundle of saiyans trooped off. He then returned to his son who was scowling deeply at him. His brows knitted together. He knew why the ouji was upset with him.

"Konnichiwa Ou-sama." He greeted icily. King Vegeta just nodded. He knew that Vegeta was upset with him because he forbid him to spar, leaving him open to do absolutely nothing except maybe entertain himself with the slave women. But Vegeta was also upset with him because his father continued on purging, even though he had successfully managed to poison Frieza.