Chapter 10

Morning had arrived. The sun rose from the horizon, bathing everything in its path in a light of gold. One gold stream managed to find its way through the huge window of the ouji's room and onto the bed to reveal, to all those without night vision, two sleeping figures wrapped heavily in blankets. But because of the heat the beams of light gave so quickly, the thick blankets were pushed down. Goku snuggled closer to her ouji, basking in the warmth and golden aura of her now husband. Even though they didn't get married the way ningen do on Earth, she was still happy. If this was the saiyan way of doing it... so what? What mattered the most to her was that she finally got her hearts desire. Her master and her ouji; Vegeta. Vegeta slid his arms down and wrapped them securely around Goku's slender waist, pulling her even closer than she was before. She lifted her head up and was met with the kakkoii ouji's smiling face.

"Ohayo," she greeted.

"Ohayo, koi." He greeted back, leaning forward to brush his lips against hers. Goku lifted her head and parted her lips, allowing that same cunning tongue to do with her mouth what it pleased. Though the kiss was short and tender, it left Goku aching for more. She opened her eyes and smiled at him.

"How did you sleep?" she asked.

"Wonderfully, with you in my arms, of course." He replied huskily. She smiled.

"Do you think anyone missed us?" he shrugged.

"Only your friends, my father and the entire Saiyan Council." Goku flinched a bit.

"Gosh, are we in trouble?" she asked, worrying a little bit. "I'm sorry if I..." Vegeta silenced her with a kiss, lifting to finger to her lips once he removed his own.

"Shhh, Bubbles." He whispered reassuringly. "You don't have to be sorry. It's not your fault that they're after me. I love you. I want to be with you." Seriousness flickered across his face. "Or...don't you want to be with me?"

"No! No! That's not it!" Goku quickly said. "I want to be with you, I always have...well, since I met you. But...I don't want anything bad to happen that might separate us." The seriousness in Vegeta's eyes disappeared as he smiled and nuzzled into the crook of her shoulder and she wrapped her arms around his chest.

"Nothing they could ever do will be able to keep us apart, Bubbles." He promised her. "Not now that I've got you." Goku clasped tightly to his bare back, the tears slipping down the sides of her face. Who would've thought that Vegeta could be so loving and devoted? But that was most likely what made him so complex and intricate. The fact that you don't understand him until you're fully in. And right now, she thought. I must be the luckiest woman in the entire universe. Vegeta kissed her neck as he felt her shoulders quake. "Hey," he asked as he pushed her back to look at her face. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing," she sniffed. "It's just that...that what you said before was so...so beautiful. And...I can't help but think that I must be the luckiest women in the universe to have someone as loving as you." She leaned forward and gave him a gentle peck on the lips. "You know, millions out there have searched their entire lives looking for what we have and they've never found it. And...I just wonder if it's going to last."

"I promise it'll last." He said. Goku smiled. She knew that Vegeta wouldn't have said that unless he meant it, and now she was sure that this was real. She leaned up to him and pressed her lips against his, tongue gliding along the smooth edges of his lips. Vegeta smirked as he opened his mouth and thrust his tongue into Goku's mouth. Both moaned and clasped even tighter to one another than before. But their passionate embrace was soon broken up by the rapping on the door. Vegeta hesitantly broke the kiss.

"Yes, what the fuck do you want?!" he barked at the intruder.

"Umm...gomen nasai for waking you, your highness," came Raditz's voice. "But your father wishes to see you." Vegeta rolled his eyes.