Chapter 4

Vegeta smirked lightly as he saw Raditz trail behind him from the corner of his eye. Why he defended Goku against someone...the king, no less...was beyond him. But he knew that his father had something for his sweet slave, and he didn't want someone as innocent and angelic as her to fall prey to the perversions of his father. 'Treat women with respect!' is what his aunt taught him, and he lived by it. That was the only happy thing he had left from his childhood. His eyes then switched back to Goku, who was looking around the new corridors with absolute fascination. Vegeta knew that she had been here before. Hn. That's Bubbles for you. He thought, a frown forming on his face. But inwardly, he smiled at her innocence. Vegeta had to admit he held a certain type of respect for the baka slave. No matter how many times she saw something; she'd always look at it as though she were seeing it for the first time. He grinned inwardly as he looked to his slave, gazing around the corridor.

"Bubbles." He said, quickly gaining Goku's attention as she turned her ink black eyes on him. Vegeta almost gasped out in surprise at how...Saiyan they were. He had never seen a ningen with such black eyes before. Eyes that are so black, they look like a black hole filled to the brim with spirit and soul. Eyes that symbolize strength. Vegeta silently beat away the sudden nervousness and blush that were trying to take over him before continuing.

"Hai, ouji-sama?" she asked, careful as not to use her pet name for him in front of the new guard.

"Bubbles," he began again. "I want you to sit by your new bodyguard. These spars can get pretty fierce and I don't want you to get hit by anything; fists, ki or even pieces of concrete. Ryoukai?" Goku opened her mouth to tell him that she could fight as well, but then shut it again, deciding she'd tell him after she saw what happens. It could like the spars she's used to ones on Earth. Or it could be something completely different.

"Hai, ouji-sama." She answered. Vegeta frowned.

"Since when do you call me 'ouji-sama' in private?" he asked. Goku gave a little cough as she nodded at Raditz. Vegeta looked to Raditz before looking back to Goku. "So? He's your new bodyguard. Just as Nappa is mine." Goku nodded her head, smiling. Vegeta walked ahead as Goku and Raditz followed closely behind.

Two figures flew across the huge concrete training hall, throwing all they had at each other. The taller one dropped down and leapt out the way as the other rammed a fist into the ground, missing its target. They resumed as they threw a flurry of punches and kicks at each other.

Vegeta and Goku watched as the fight went on. Vegeta, glancing through the corner of his eyes, didn't think that she'd be able to see what was going on, as they were moving far too fast for the normal ningen eye. But the way her eyes were moving, it seemed she could.

Goku stood, watching in wrapped fascination at the fight between Piccolo and Krillin. From what she could feel, they had improved a hell of a lot since they were last together. As she followed them across to the right hand wall, she caught the expression of Vegeta. He was staring at her with a highly confused look on his face. Goku knew why he was looking at her like that.

"Can you see them?" he asked.

"Saa...hai, 'Geta!" she chirped. His confused frown deepened.

"But...how?" Goku opened her mouth to explain that she was also a warrior when someone butted in.

"Vegeta no Ouji!" they looked to see Nappa come walking up to them. Vegeta smirked at his bulky bodyguard, turning his attention away from Goku. Goku shut her open mouth as she looked disappointedly at Vegeta. Oh saa. She sighed. I'll tell him later. "I thought for a second that you weren't going to show for training." Vegeta gave a chuckle as he closed his eyes.

"Nappa," he smirked. "Since whenever would I back down on my word? Especially when there's a fight involved." Nappa smirked back at him. "So, who's new around here?"