Skydiving to the Death

A/N: sorry if everyone is ooc, this is my first time writing as them.

(Magnus's pov)

So its official, were going skydiving (or maybe I should say skydying). I don't know how Alex dragged me into this. Whenever he start talking to me, I get lost in his beautiful eyes and forget how to speak.

A loud knock on my door jolts me out of my thoughts. "Maggie, hurry up". He's male today, I think. "Okay, okay, wait a minute" I reply. I struggle with my green Valhalla jumpsuit; the more quickly I get ready the more quickly this will be over. As I fall out of the door with my harness and shoes, I notice that he managed to get his hands on a sparkling pink and green jumpsuit with matching sunglasses and harness. The bright colors remind me slightly of the power ranger shows I used to watch when I was a kid. All he needed was the helmet. "Are you ready?" he asks, with a grin that makes it impossible for me to say no. "I'm ready", I lied.

Skydiving in Valhalla is very different from mortal skydiving. For one, its to the death, like everything else in Valhalla. (There's even a sleepwalking to the death class. I shudder at the thought of a boxer clad Halfborn killing people while he snores). The general idea is that Valkyries lift you up several thousand feet into the sky, and you try to kill as many einherji as possible on the way down. Apparently Odin devised it as a way to train einher in arial combat. Not the way I would chose to spend my afternoon, but Alex is in his element.

"You know you're cute when you get nervous" he says with a smirk. Well, he's not doing anything to help my stress levels. "You look like a giant puppy".

A horn rang out, signaling the start of the event. "Good luck" Alex wishes me with a quick peck on the cheek. And with that my Valkyrie flew behind me and lifted me up by the straps of my harness. The ground disappeared beneath me, as if I was zooming out with a giant telescope. When we had gotten so high up that the hotel was a dollhouse, the pressure on my harness was released and I became weightless. I suddenly had a flashback to my adventures with Stanley, the eight legged flying horse.

A glowing stripe of color flashes past my head. "Hey, Señor, do you wanna hear about my date with Riptide? Her blade has such amazing curves and her hilt-" "NOW IS NOT THE TIME JACK!" I shout over the roaring of the wind. I try to remember what Percy had said about slowing your fall, though I'm not completely sure that applies to this situation. "Butt clenched... arms spread" I mutter to myself. Well my butt has been clenched for hours, so now all I need to do is spread my arms. As I try to spread my limbs against the wind, an arrow whistles over my head and strikes the arm of the einheri next to me.

"Hey, Jack, do ya think that you go take care of the guy with a bow?" I ask, my voice cracking like a 12 year old's. "If I have to" Jack responds sulkily. I hear the "twang" of a bowstring snapping and know that person won't be a problem. "Hey Beantown, how you doing?" a smiling green haired devil asks from above, his golden garrote spinning like a halo of death. The sight of it makes me shudder, that particular weapon had taken my head off too many times. I respond with a scream as a giant einheri with as giant double axe whiling above his head appears behind my boyfriend. I see a flash of light and a shower of blood as Alex decapitates him. Great, now instead of dating a lunatic, I'm dating a blood soaked lunatic.

I look down, and realize my mistake. The ground seems so close that I could touch it. I scramble for my chute release, cursing myself for not looking for it beforehand. A hand jerks a grip away from my thigh, and my harness digs into my skin as the parachute releases. "You're welcome" Alex's voice says from behind me. I turn around and cling to him like a small child on a roller coaster. Now that I'm not free falling, the ground seems to come up even faster. "Aww, is somebody scared?" Alex's mesmerizing voice coos. A screaming einheri interrupts our moment, parachute strings broken, guns blazing. When we touch down, my trembling legs collapse beneath me, only Alex's arms holding me up. "You p-promised falafel" I murmur, sounding like a child after a nightmare. "Yes Maggie, we can go on a date to get falafel" he confirms.

800 words

Thank you for reading my shit. Again, feel free to correct any mistakes you may see.