Chapter Four

Prompt- Jughead comforts Betty after seeing "go to hell serpent slut" written on her locker.

Jughead POV

I was talking to Veronica, which already made me confused. I was even more confused when Cheryl left me her "iconic spider broach'. I was about to ask her about it, when Kevin came in and said, "guys come, it's Betty's locker. It's bad." And as much as I wanted to hear what Cheryl was going to say, I needed to get to Betty. 

As we ran through the hallways, I could hear the cameras flashing in the hallway, which only made me run faster. When I did get to the hallway where Betty's locker was, I had to squeeze through all the people who were taking pictures. Bitches. When I saw Betty's locker, I almost fainted myself. It said "go to hell serpent slut" I had no idea what to do. So I stood in front of her locker, to block the words she was seeing. She reached over, trying to tear off the hateful message. "it's nothing Jug, just a jerk with a can of spray paint!" she yelled. I quietly whispered in her ear, "I don't think that's spray paint." I pulled her away, shielding her from the hateful, disgusting message. 

I carried Betty into the Blue and Gold, not knowing where else I would've taken her. She had broken down into tears by the time I set her down and got her facing me. It pained me to see her like this, a broken husk of what she used to be. I locked the doors, not wanting any lookie loos peeking in. I held her as she cried into my chest, no, sobbed. I whispered soothing comments to her and brushed her hair away from her face. Her face was covered in tears and her beautiful green eyes a red, puffy mess. I couldn't even place my emotion, was I sad, happy or angry. As I thought, I realized that I was infuriated! Some jerk somewhere wrote on my girlfriend's locker "go to hell serpent slut" I will not let this slide! 

Betty's POV

After Jug pulled me away from my locker, I broke. All of my bottled up emotions just fell out and I felt like I had just found out my entire family was slaughtered. Broken. Broken like a record, forever playing a snippet of a tune. Never able to be fixed, shattered indefinitely. That's how I felt. I didn't even know what room I was in or what people in the hallway were saying. I heard Juggie whispering to me loving messages like "It's okay" "I love you" and I felt whole. At least as whole as I could feel. 

I decided that I'd cried enough already and truthfully, I just wanted to look as Jug's face. It was pained, sad and terrifying. He looked like he could murder someone, but when we met eyes his eyes softened and he looked at me with purity. I pulled him in close, I never wanted to lose him. He was my one way to become pure and whole again. I loved that boy with all my heart. 

Jughead's POV

When Betty looked up at me, I melted. She was so beautiful, so perfect, nothing could be better in my world. I pulled her close, and softly touched my lips to hers. She was what completed me, my missing puzzle piece, my true love. She finally talked, her voice raspy and tired. 

"Jug, I'm sorry," she said, barely a whisper. "About what Betty, you've done absolutely nothing wrong," I replied, matching her tone. "I-I'm sorry for being with you, making that article, ruining your life all over again," she cried, her voice breaking. "Betty no, I will not allow that. You're perfect, I love you, and you've done nothing but improve my life. You are what makes me who I am, what I am. You are my missing piece, I'm nothing without you, my love," I said, making my voice present in the room. 

"I'm so so so glad that I have you in my life Juggie," Betty said, her voice more prominent. "Why don't we head back to my trailer, I think you've had enough today ok?" "It would be my pleasure Jug," she replied instantly. And off we went, two young people in love. True love.

How was that? Comment any ideas you have please and stay tuned!!!

Live, laugh, love bughead!!

From yours truly, Alli Elizabeth!!