Life Sucks

"In other news, the futabu gang, has grown from 23% to 43% in the last two months. The gang is responsible for almost 80% of crimes around Costa Mesa. The crimes are mostly centered around guns and overall gang violence. Police Chief Robert Sharpnack has stated, "We are encouraging citizens to avoid 17th and flower street as the two rival gangs are located. We are working to work and suppress-"

I turned off the TV. "Sure that's what you said 2 months ago." A ding sounded behind me. I got off my couch and walked behind it to my small kitchen. I lifted the chopsticks off the paper lid of the styrofoam cup. I happily slurped the noodles.

I opened out my phone to the hacked media app. I was watching an anime called 'Naruto. I was on the 100th episode or something and it was 30 years old. You could tell. The picture was a tad grainy, the audio mushy and most of everything had a black outline. But the plot was good.

And relatable.

Then a notification sounded, "New message standing by." Followed by a beep.

The notification read, "Dad: What's for dinner? And I swear to god if you say those instant ramen cup things."

I texted back, "Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't"
"I told you to stop eating those things. They're just fried oil, with a lot of salt and cooked with radiation. Here I'm sending you extra money and you better spend it on actual food."
"No Dad I don't need it."
"You better send me pictures of your food. Why not rice and eggs?"
"Rice is kinda expensive. Not sure about that."
"Nope you better eat it."

There was a little pause. Honestly I didn't know what to say. But then he texted, "You Okay?"
"Yeah you? I texted back.
"No I mean, are you okay okay?"
"School still sucks"
"That wasn't what I meant. And School doesn't suck. School makes you smarter."

To be honest I wanted to tell him that school was probably making my brain cells commit suicide. I smirked at that idea.

"So how's life?" He asked
"Yeah, I mean you're across the whole nation and I still have no friends. Classes are easy tho."
"Hey you'll get some friends, I'll guarantee it tommorow, at least one friend. C'mon it can't be that hard. You're just shy that's all."
"Yeah I guess."
"And I'm over here for a reason y'know."
"Yeah for work and stuff. And how's your job going?"
"Pretty good actually. Boss is giving me a raise if I do some extra work for him."
"Extra work?"
"A raise is a raise."

Another pause then he texted, "Your Mother?"
"I gave up."
"That bad? Not even the police?"
"Don't wanna get them roped into that. They have worse things to worry about."
"True, and hey you stay safe. You see anything you run. Got it?"
"Yeah, yeah ,ik."
"Hey, I have to go lunch break's over. Lates."
"Bye, dad."

Riiiiing!
I smacked my phone's alarm. I rolled myself off the bed and immediately awoken by the sudden fall. And the crash. I got up and walked out of my room across the narrow hall, to my bathroom. I leaned over the sink and splashed cold water into my face. I stared into the mirror.

My face was sorta've small, with a light tan. I had grown out, short black/brown hair, combed over to the side. Brown, small eyes from my chinesesity. I didn't like my face very much. Due to the bits of ance on my forehead but whatever. I put on my glasses and went to go eat some more of that, 'Radiated fried goodness'.

After breakfast, I threw on my jdm inspired backpack, black shorts, and a tight shirt, which I wore almost all the time and headed out my apartment for school.

The sky was orange and it's rays pierced the clouds. It was about sixty something degrees but later it would rise. Southern California always had a way of doing that. It would just change the weather in an instant, but whatever.