Run as fast as you can

Rain's Pov

My dad is drunk.

He always is.

He always hurts me.

He killed her.

My mom.

Sorry! How rude of me! I should introduce myself. My names Rain. My mother loved rain. It's how I got my name. It was how she got away from my dad. He hates rain. She would run as fast as she could, as far away from this place called home, and danced and sang in the rain. This didn't settle with my dad very well.

About me

My names Rain(duh)

I'm 9 years old

I live in America

I hate my dad

I love rain, it's how I escaped my dad, but I stopped when he killed my mom.

My dad starves me

Well, he doesn't even feed me, I sneak out and people feel sorry for me and buy me food

That's about it

'I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna run away!' I thought. I grab my backpack and stuff with my clothes in. Then I grab the box in my closet with my mom's things and some money, not much, about five dollars in change. After that, my backpack was about half full. 'I've got nothing else,' I thought. I hear footsteps come up the stairs and shove the backpack under my bed.

My door swings open and my dad is holding a knife. My eyes widened, I waited too long to run away. It all ends here. Hot tears stream down my face, and he just watches me. 'He feels sorry for me, all the bad things he did to me, he feels sorry for it,' I thought. Then he lunges at me, but I jump out of the way. As he's getting ready to pounce again, the doorbell rings. He puts the knife down and storms out of my room to the door. I take this as a chance. I grab my backpack and sprint to the window(facing the backyard of course) and jump. 'Run, run as fast as you can,' I say over and over again to myself.

Maybe I can earn money and move far away from here.

1 year later

I counted my money once again, even though the result is always the same, not enough. I earned money from different things like volunteering for things, or just pedestrians wanting to know why I'm on the side of the street. When I tell them my story, they hand me money after hearing that I want to get away from here. The worst part of this is dodging my dad when he goes out in the middle of the night to buy beer. I heard he remarried. She is going to die soon, I just know it. I finish counting the last coin and, oh my gosh, I'm moving away from here. I go to the library and use the computer to buy a plane ticket. I hit the first place on the list. After I buy it, I see I'm going to Sydney?? Wow. A ten-year-old moving to Sydney by herself!! Awesome. Note the sarcasm.

On the plane

After finding my seat, I start to think of everything that could happen. What if dad or his new wife track me down and kill me? Hopefully, I'll find a family. I might as well sleep, it's going to be a long flight.

I feel somebody shaking me. I open my eyes to see the flight attendant. "Were in Sydney, it's time to get off," I hop up and run off of the plane and out of the airport to see where my new life will take place.

I've been walking around since I got off the plane and I finally sat down to watch the sunset. After that was over, I walked for about 10 minutes and found a gas station.

When I walked in it was empty except for a boy standing behind the cash register looking quite bored. I grabbed a water bottle and got my money. I walked to the cashier. I handed him the water and my money and kept looking back at the glass door feeling paranoid that daddy found me.

I looked at the cashier and he was looking at me. He saw how scared I was. I read his name tag. "Luke"

A.N.

Yay! New book! Sorry this chapters short, they WILL get longer, I pwomise. You can't resist the cuteness

So how's your day going. Mines good. It's homecoming at my school. But I'm not in high school.):no danceBut I do get to preform with varsity at the pep rally and game today because I'm a jr high cheerleader. And my bros coming home so I'm really exited!

And should I do QOTD?(then I would have to update daily😉) tell me what you think. And I have a lot of stories I'm writing so keep checking for those!

I also want a name to call my readers, so y'all start coming up with names, I'll pick some of my favorites, and then y'all can vote.

Bye😘