Field Trip

We all jolted awake to the sound of the door opening. It rang through our ears and vibrated our heads. I attempted to move but my legs were weighed down by something. I looked down, Mark, being the heavy sleeper he is, still had his head rested on my lap. I knew that Dark didn't like when we were close to each other, but it was too late, they were already in the room and I couldn't get up.

Dark turned and stared at me while Anti made a point to not look at me, instead he just unfastened the other's handcuffs. Dark walked up to me and Mark, I leaned back away from him as he leaned down toward us. He stared at me then shot his eyes down at Mark. My grip tightened on his shirt, he was still asleep and I just knew Dark was going to do something about it. And I was right.

He swung his hand down on his face, leaving a red handprint on his face. "Wakey, wakey, Mark. We're going on a field trip today, wouldn't want you to miss it." He made a creepy smile and stood up. Mark stirred, trying to figure out what was going on and yipped as Dark grabbed his shirt collar and yanked him up on his feet.

"Hey," I yelled at him and stood up as fast as I could. I didn't get much time on my feet before my chains were yanked back and I stumbled backward and crashed into Anti. He avoided eye contact as he unlocked the chains on my wrist.

I attempted to yank away from him but stopped when I heard Dark behind me. "Hey," he said. I turned toward him, he had already got Mark out of the chains and was holding him against himself with his arm. He was holding Mark's arm up and had a knife against his wrist. "Remember what they told you, anytime you struggle everyone gets a slice across the wrist. No acceptions."

I looked back at Anti, he finished unfastening the chains and stood up straight, looking back at Dark, still avoiding eye contact. He spun me back around and pushed me over to the group of the others. He held the back of my shirt at the base of my neck and walked us out of the room.

There was silence as we walked across the small building. It looked like a house, except all the walls were stone blocks, like the captive room. Right outside the metal door there was a living room to the left with a sofa, a coffee table, and a small tv against the back wall. There was a window that was covered by black curtains, an obvious attempt at keeping it a secret to where the house was located. There was a tiny kitchen to the right of the door. It had an island that had three seats. The stove and cupboards looked old, the stove rusted, and the cupboards looked ready to fall apart, but the sink looked new. A shiny silver, clear of any dirt or dirty dishes. And right in between the living room and kitchen was a wooden door with a small window on the top that let in a little light. As we walked across the house there was another door, this one didn't have any windows though. But on the opposite wal, there was an elevator, which was strange because I didn't see any stairs to another floor, or even to a basement.

And at the back end of the house was the last wooden door. This one though was more worn down and had cracks in it and looked about ready to fall off its hinges. Anti walked us all to the door and opened it. Inside the tiny room was horror. The floor and walls were covered in dryblood. There were wooden contraptions, one of them was a wooden stage with a wooden wall behind it that had holes and blood all over it. The same was on the floor of the stage. There was also a wooden chair in the back corner, it staps on the arms and legs of the chair, obviously to keep people from getting out of it. The chair was almost drenched in blood, old and new.

And in the opposite corner of the room was a work table full of various work tools sitting on the table and hanging on the wall. But the table mostly consisted of knives, it seemed to be a common theme with them. Honestly, I don't know where they find all of these knives. Some of them were bowie knives, some military knives, hunting knives, butcher knives, pockets knives, and kitchen knives.