𝐋'𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐋 𝐃𝐔 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄

╙═══════☆═══════╜

[5.10]

***

THE DAYS DRAGGED ON. THE SUN WAS BEARING DOWN ON THE GROUP OF SURVIVORS. Dehydration, exhaustion, starvation, all those words couldn't explain enough of the agony they felt. It hurt to speak, it hurt to cry, it hurt to think.

Dread.

That's a word they could use.

Her brother, Daryl, Maggie and Sasha had gone scouting earlier for water, food, anything really, like a sign that hope wasn't lost. But nothing came up.

Seraphina sighed as she saw them walk up the road empty handed. The rest of the group was sitting in the middle of the road, drenched in sweat and dirt. She sat between Glenn and Rick, both men looking straight ahead, not looking forward to the conversation of having nothing to eat. Which she dreaded also.

Dread.

The perfect word to describe their imperfect situation.

"How much longer do we got?" she rasped, looking down at her dirty hands. Rick sighed and leaned his head back on the rear of the car.

"60 miles." he answered. She breathed in the hot, Virginian air before she let out a shaky breath.

"That's not what i meant." she said, looking over. They shared a sad look as the trio reunited with the rest and everyone got into the white van, continuing on with their journey.

***

The group was cramped in the hot car, driving down the same road they were sitting on an hour earlier. Seraphina had her head leaned against Daryl's shoulder before the car jerked and sputtered. She jolted up and craned her neck and the car stopped.

"We're out. Just like the other one." Abraham stated, his hands dropping from the wheel, no emotion in his voice.

Rick spoke up. "So we walk." and opened the passenger seat door and so followed everyone else.

Seraphina moved over and let everyone pass her before being the last one to step out of the car. As she went to catch up to Daryl, she passed by Sasha and Maggie next to each other with a solemn look on their faces, both losing their siblings a few weeks prior.

She stopped and looked over them, both looking up at her in exhaustion and confusion. She smiled softly and wrapped her arms around them, giving them the most sincere hug she could muster. Maggie wasted no time wrapping her arm under Seraphina's and putting her head on her shoulder, glad at the comfort being given to her, while Sasha hesitated but soon sighed and closed her eyes, glad for the comfort.