𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇'𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑

╙═══════☆═══════╜

NIGHT CAME.

Most were asleep. A few of them tried to muffle their crying. Seraphina laid near the doors, trying to keep watch. She looked up at the ceiling, listening to the wind blowing and some rain slip in through the cracks. She tried sleeping but grew restless as she thought about how they were gonna eat tomorrow. There was nothing.

Nothing. No water. No food. They couldn't stay in the barn forever. She knew what she needed to do.

Sitting up quietly, she picked up her weapons and grabbed a few sacks that was found around the barn. Turning back, she sighed and looked over at her family. Her new family, and said a small prayer before turning.

"Where are you going?" a quiet voice asked. She stopped in her tracks, mentally cursing herself for not checking if anyone near her was awake.

She turned back around and it was Glenn waiting for an answer. She sent a nervous smile before adjusting her sheath.

"Just gonna check some few things out. See if i can scrounge up anything." she replied softly. His eyebrows furrowed and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're leaving us, aren't you?"

Her eyes widened. "God, no. Why would you think that?" she asked incredulously. He looked down and shrugged in defense.

"Just the way things are going now. We all know, deep down, that you and your brother can hunt the whole damn population of deer in like a month by yourselves." he replied, trying to joke. She sighed and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I would never leave you guys. You guys are my family." When he said nothing she squeezed his shoulder. "There's nothing i wouldn't do for you." she said. She dropped her hand and held up the sacks in her other hand. "I'm gonna head south this road. There's stores. We can't leave here tomorrow without food. I won't allow it."

He took a step forward. "Well, then let me come with you." Seraphina shook her head softly and nudged towards Maggie, who was sleeping after crying for hours.

"You gotta take care of Maggie. And keep watch out for Daryl. Don't tell him where i went, he'll try to stop me." Glenn started to open his mouth in protest, but she cut him off.  "Please, Glenn. I'm trusting you. I won't be back until i know for sure that i have enough to feed all of us for days."

"What if you're not back by tomorrow?" he asked, his voice laced in worry. She stepped back and smiled. Digging in her backpack, she found a set of walkie talkies. Daryl and her used it when they were hunting in wide areas. She handed him one. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"Do you really have to do this? I mean, we could all go tomorrow as a group." he argued quietly.

"The place i'm going to check out is in opposite direction of where we're supposed to be heading." Glenn sighed again. She patted his shoulder.