Chapter 1: Alice

A day have passed when I came back from the forest; my clothes were soaked with the rain that I never expected to come. Two dead rabbits hung on my shoulders, now food problem is solved. I grab some water from the well and entered the bathing house at the rear of my house. I dropped my kills on the top of a small cabinet, then removed my clothes and had the most relaxing quick bath. I put on a pair of trouser and a white shirt that my older brother used to wear.

I let my hair damp on my back as I clean my kills on the backyard. I have done it with skills of professional butchers thanks to the guide of my brother I learned to survive on my own feet. He taught me every single thing I know like my archery, horseback-riding, hunting, cleaning kills, setting traps, making different kind of knots, what is edible and poisonous, and my favorite sword play . I owe him big time; the special education remained a secret between us since we agreed that my older sister Eevon can't be trusted. She always been a bit of a bitch to us, but I also miss her, she taught me a lot including a lesson called 'do not trust your brother' she also taught me embroidery, pastries, teas, literature, needlework, 'get revenge on your older brother', 'do not let him make you his underlings', using variety of beauty products and fixing my hair and all girly and against my brother stuff.

"Oh Francis and Eevon you'll never know how much I missed you both." I cried in the night wind before getting inside. I cooked a leg from my kill the way I remembered how Francis thought me and I also brew some tea from some green tea leaves I found as soon as I finish my dinner I retire to my bed.

I woke up from a scary nightmare I'm soaked with sweat and panting. I dreamed about me being chased by royal knights, they said my grandmother demanded for my head in a silver plate surrounded with rabbit legs. That it I guess no more rabbit legs for me. After a quick splash I wear my decent old knee length dress, I looked like a country girl if I wear these kinds of dresses if only I could hide my eyes. Everything is prepared my dirty brown shoes, my stockings and decent dress what's left is the untied hair. I pulled it into a bun and hide it in a red hat that was decorated with a little dried rose and a bunch of baby's breath. Then I head to the hat shop.

"Alice you're early again" The shop owner Ms. Lilia Volks greeted me with a warm smile I hung my hat. And when I turn to greet her I saw her sad eyes.

"Is there anything wrong Miss Volks?" she looked at me nervously.

"Umm... I don't want to bother you but can I ask you a favor?" She said in a low voice.

"Umm... Sure... I have a lot of free time so it's not a bother." I said she look at me with her young beautiful hopeful face.

"That is really great! You see I was invited to this special ball I need for someone to take care of the shop and I can't trust anyone but you, please help me out." She looks at me, waiting for my respond.

"Thank you for trusting me... I won't let you down." She hugged me out of joy then retires to her room to prepare.

Special ball huh... Usually the nobles host those kinds of parties but since its special I wonder if the who were the royalties hosted it... The Gustaves? The Frewell? du Knight? My face flushed of the thought.

Or it could be de Royale?

I felt a strange feeling in my belly.

Rabbit legs.

"How do I look?" Ms. Volks got out from her room to show her dress to me it was lovely. Red velvet that embroidered with thousands small flowers that has the color of black. Every edge was laced and embroider with black beads and same colored laced she looked pretty much like a real noble lady,