Chapter 7

"Where is he ?"

Osgood stepped back when the Doctor spoke. He didn't sound like himself. His voice was distorted by rage and hate.

"I said." he turned and faced the scientist. His eyes, usually gentle, were now cold. "Where. Is. He."

"Come with me." ordered Osgood as she went ahead.

When they went down to Gray's laboratory, they found nobody. The room was empty. Even the equipment was missing.

It was worse than expected. The Doctor hadn't yell but Osgood didn't dare to say a word. She felt like he could blast her with one single glare.

"Tardis. Now."

"Doctor we need a plan." implied the scientist as she tried to catch up with him.

"I have one. We find him, we take Elyne back and I throw him in the Sun."

"At least talk with Kate before you act."

"I will think about it."

When they reached the Tardis, Osgood watched the Doctor disapearing inside.

"You ! Come on board !" he yelled. "I need you !"

Osgood then stepped inside. She always dreamed of that moment. Of course she did not imagine it could happen this way but she didn't care. She was amazed. She felt like a little kid again.

"I am sorry to interrupt this but we have work !" urged the Doctor.

"Sorry. What do you want me to do ?"

"Download UNIT's video-surveillance for the last hour."

As Osgood worked on downloading datas on the Tardis, the Doctor called Kate.

"No Doctor I won't-"

"Shut up and look at that." cutted the Doctor as he played the video on Kate's screen and on his own.

The video shown the familiar room's door. Quickly they saw Jade and The Doctor leaving the room. When Gray showed up, the Doctor clenched his fists. How could he have been so stupid ?

Few minutes after Jade and the Doctor left, Gray lurked around the room. Going back and fourth, then he entered into the room.

The Doctor saddly knew what happened next. When Gray came back, he was dragging Elyne who was trying to pull herself out from his hold. He let her go when she bit his hand. Unfortunaly, Gray pulled her back by the hairs so hard that she felt backward. Before she could stand up, Gray kicked her in the head hard enough to send her back to the ground. After he picked her up, Gray pressed a button on his watch and he vanished with the unconscious child.

Kate and Osgood said nothing. Shoked by what they just saw. The Doctor was mad. He was ready to kill the man.

"Did you know stuff like this took place under you nose ?" he barked to Kate.

"Doctor I couldn't imagine something like that could happen !"

"What I wonder is: how come nobody signaled that !" Osgood questioned.