Rant #1: Multimedia Design

Yes, my first rant will be about the MDC. No, I do NOT have anything against the MDC nor the designers. I actually make graphics so that wouldn't even make sense.

What I don't like, however, is how rude some people could be in it.

I've seen and heard some pretty terrible stories.

Brace yourselves, this isn't going to be short.

First off: STEALING SOMEONE'S GRAPHICS AND CLAIMING THEM AS YOURS.

Wait, what?

This is SO RUDE and not to mention VERY IMMATURE.

Why would you claim it as yours? It's not like people will request from you and get the best graphics ever. You STOLE that and people will find out.

If you want to learn how to make graphics, here are some tips:

A.) Go in the MDC and ask for a teacher. You don't even need photoshop, there are so many designers who use pixlr/gimp/etc and are AMAZING!

B.) Go on youtube and search for tutorials. That's what I did when I first started.

C.) In the MDC look for people who have a tutorial thread. They are teaching everyone these days. I've seen it a lot, too. The tutorials are fab.

D.) Look for someone in the MDC who is doing a live stream. I've seen a lot of those recently, too.

My point is that there are various ways for you to learn. No need for stealing someone's design.

Secondly: THREAD HOPPERS (much better name for request whores)

Now, not everyone gets upset about these people but the majority do.

I'm part of that majority.

I spend my time making graphics. Everyone does (unless it's slap-text.)

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't go around asking everyone to make you a graphic if you already asked for it from someone else. It's just a waste of time.

If you want, wait until you receive the graphic and decide if you will be using it or not.

Thirdly: CRAZY PAYMENTS

On occasion, I love going around to a graphic makers thread to stalk their graphics so that my eyeballs may fall in love some more.

I have, however, seen some graphic designers who offer covers, and some that are clearly slap text, for 2 5+ line comment on books, a dedication, a mention, and a follow.

What?

I get that there should be a payment, but that large amount is crazy! Maybe have them choose out of those payment options? Especially for a slap-text cover. I'm not trying to sound rude. That really isn't my intention. I'm just trying to say that if you are new to designing don't bombard people with a large list of payment for a graphic. Two 3-4+ line comments? That's okay. A dedication/mention? Fine by me. A follow? Done. But all? I'd rather not.

Fourthly: LOOKING FOR A "PROFESSIONAL COVER/DESIGNER"

Umm..

Bish I'm pretty sure none of us have a degree in web design.

No. Just.. No...

We all "Started from the bottom now we here..." (A/N XD I had to)

Don't put a designer down or say that they aren't "professional."

That's seriously fucked up. (A/N I knew this would slip out somewhere..)

Here we are taking OUR TIME to make YOU a graphic. If you don't like it then pull your big boy/girl panties up and put on a belt. Then, go make it your self.

I swear, this pisses me off to the max.

Now, I will slowly back up and leave before more words slip.

A/N:

Feel free to rant with me in the comments. I honestly don't care about what you rant about. Just rant about anything. Also, if you have any suggestions for my future rants, leave them down below c: