Chapter 26

Michael decided it was best if we flew on home

Michael decided it was best if we flew on home. He hired a team of lawyers right then and there. He did not want Toby getting out of jail. He did not want another woman getting harmed.

Like I was. Like countless others before me had been harmed. I tossed and turned in my sleep since hearing the news. I had my face plastered all over the headlines to. About Toby getting out of prison. The new trial. About my face. That I had plastic surgery like Mike.

We were all the world could talk about. I wish it would stop. Michael had warned me that when I married him that I was going to make headlines. And he was right. I did. I may not be ready for it but it was ready for me.

One headline read "Wacko Jacko's Bride Is Trying To Look Like Her Husband" meaning we were matching our faces as our new wedding gift to one another. It was sick the way the world looked down on someone. When they did not know our whole story.

♡♪♬♪♡

I grab the phone to call Kendall. I had an idea. And I hoped Kendall and Michael would be on board with it. Because it might help Michael and myself. "What is up baby cakes" answers Kendall on the other end.

"We are back home. I want an interview with People again. Only with me. Not Michael. I want to tell all about why I had surgery. And about what we think of this new trial trying to come to surface" I explain to her.

"Have you talked this over with Michael?" she wonders.

"Oh no not yet" I sigh. "Why do I have to?"

"You know you should! At least tell him. I am sure he will not try to stop you from doing what you want to do. But you two are a power couple right now. I think you should talk this over with him. Personally doll, I get why you want to do this. And I agree it might be a good idea" she informs me. I sigh feeling happy to have Kendall in my power right now.

I smile. "Great. I will talk to Michael first. Then contact you to set it all up" I tell her.

"You are getting braver babe" she praises me.

"Thanks" I say with a smile.

"Confidence is key. Hey, do not worry about Toby. Michael will see him in jail for life" she reminds me.

"I sure to hell hope so" I mutter. "I hope you are right"

"I know I am. Bye babe" she says before we hang up.

I bite my bottom lip then set the phone back down on the receiver. Michael comes into the living room. He sits right beside me. He leans in kissing me. Then he looks into my eyes. He does not say another word then he kisses me again.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Welcome home" he teases me.

"It is good to be back home. Is everyone mad that the tour is on hold?" I ask.