Chapter 2

A few weeks later, you were sitting up in your room drawing when movement outside your window caught your eye. You looked up and saw an owl swoop down to your door, then fly off and perch nearby. You stared at it, fascination filling your (e/c) eyes, then ran downstairs to watch it from the yard. As you landed on the last step, you nearly ran into Harry as he looked through the mail.

"You and I got something!" he grinned, and handed you a fancy looking envelope that matched his own. On it, Hogwarts was written in large loopy cursive. You grinned as well, completely forgetting about the owl, and walked into the kitchen with him. Before anyone else could see the letter, you stuffed it down your shirt for safe keeping. You knew that if your family saw the letter, they'd never give it back! Which was a mistake Harry made. His envelope was immediately plucked from his hands by Dudley, and given to Vernon.

You and Harry stood next to each other, stiff as boards, as your parents tore open the wax sealed letter and stared in shock and horror at the contents. You gulped, now fearing what could be hidden in your envelope. Before Harry could protest though, his letter was torn up and tossed into the waste bin, much to his dismay. Too hurt to eat he ran back to his room and shut the door. You ran to yours as well, your curiosity eating away at you. You tore open your letter as soon as the door was shut and read the contents, eyes wide and heart beating fast.

Magic was real.

"Harry! Harry come here!" you shouted gleefully, and he was sitting next to you in a flash. "Look!" you said, and thrust the letter into his hands, and he began to read the letter aloud.

"Dear Ms. Dursley,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on the 1st of September. We await your owl by no later than the 31st of July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress"

Harry looked at you and grinned! You two were finally going to get out of this dreadful house! You knew that you and Harry were special, you knew it! Was this why your parents hated you so? Because you had powers? Now Harry just had to get his, specifically, then you could get out of this awful place.

The next day, another owl came and dropped a handful of identical letters through the letterbox. You and Harry watched in dismay as Vernon tore up the letters and drilled the letterbox shut. However, hope was not all lost yet! Owls were beginning to take up every spot they could outside your house, and your morning entertainment was watching your father leave for work and try to scare them off his car, which was always unsuccessful. Animal control was called numerous times to get rid of them, but every time they arrived, the owls were gone, and they wouldn't return until the workers left.

The Dursleys were so intent on keeping Harry's letter away from him, that Harry caught Vernon burning his letters multiple times. Petunia even started finding them in her eggs though, and began shrieking the first time she cracked one open and found a letter! Your parents still had no idea that you had received one as well, and you planned on keeping it that way until you left.

Finally, on one fine Sunday afternoon, you, Harry, and the rest of your family were seated in the living room in uncomfortable bliss. Your father had been on edge all week, and seemed ready to snap at any moment!

"Fine day Sunday. In my opinion, best day of the week. Why is that, Dudley?" Dudley shrugged.

"Because there's no post on Sunday?" Harry answered, handing Vernon a cookie.

"Ah, right you are, Harry. No post on Sunday. Hah! No blasted letters today. No, sir..."

Something outside caught yours and Harry's attention, and your mouths fell open. Outside were hundreds, possibly even thousands of owls of all shapes, sizes, and colors! "No sir, not one blasted, miserable---"

A letter shoots out of the fireplace and zips across Vernon's face! There was a loud rumble, and millions of letters come shooting out of the fireplace, flying gracefully around the room in a paper tornado! Dudley screamed and leapt onto Petunia, while you and Harry cheered, snatching as many letters as you could from the air and running. You stuffed a few down your shirt, in your pockets, and your socks, making sure there was no way Harry wouldn't get one.

Unfortunately, Vernon noticed yours and Harry's escape, and ran as fast as his fat legs could carry him. He reached Harry before the small boy could escape into his room.

"Get off! They're my letters! Let go of me!" Harry shouted, and you tried unsuccessfully to pry him from your father's grip.

"That's it! We're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!" Vernon hollered, scaring Petunia and Dudley half out of their wits.

"Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?!" your brother cried from the safety of your mother's arms.