Act 1, Scene 6

Dear Journal,

        I am hidden in my room. I am scared. I think he has given up. I hope he has given up. Sorry, this is probably confusing to read. Once the party started I stayed near the food table. Rosaline urged me to talk to someone, but I couldn't work up the nerve. I hate parties. To chaotic. No structure. A wave of anxiety washes over me as I watch other people eat away instead of the correct order. Bite. Sip. Bite. Sip. It is the only correct way to eat. Mom tells me that's my OCD talking but I'm not so sure. When I bite then sip I feel my anxiety lessen. That means it must be correct right? I was doing my normal bite then sip when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to fin a boy maybe just a bit older than me. I didn't hear the first few words he asides I was afraid I'd mess up my bite sip order and forget to take one last sip. I assumed he needed the bathroom so I pointed and explained that the bathroom was upstairs to the left. Before I  could even think the guy kissed me! I shoved him off as quick as I could but he was taller and 30 pounds larger than me. As soon as I pushed him off his lips were back on mine. I heard his piggish friend whistle.

      I shoved him off once again and ran towards the stairs. I felt sick. I couldn't even be bothered to count my steps on the way up the stairs. The sounds of his footsteps told me he wasn't that far behind me. Tears streaked my face. I'm never going to a party again. When I got into my room I slammed the door and locked it. He was trying to open it when he couldn't he screamed for his friend. Maybe one man couldn't break down the door but two man surely could. Reacting quickly I pushed my desk in front of the door. Tybalt darted under my bed. After moving the desk I ran to my closet, closing the door behind me. I am grateful my parents insisted I have a walk in closet. I just wish I had put a lock on it too. It was cold but I didn't dare come out. My Mom keeps extra blankets in my closet. They would have to do for now. Eventually the noise died down. Me, still shaking from fear. Tybalt, my only true friend crawled under the closet door and into my arms. He never fails to calm me. I ended up spending two hours in that closet. Only able to shake and quietly cry. I never want to see that boy again. 

                                                                                                                               Love,

                                                                                                                 An Exhausted Juliet