September 17, 2014

As fall pushed againts the summer sun I sat outside and watched yellow, orange, and red leaves fall. Dogs barked in the background and a cool but strong breeze swung hair in my face. I looked up at the cascading clouds and nodded, understanding what will happen later that year. Trees drooped knowing it was winter and that when winter truly comes they will be cold. I looked over my shoulder at the blurred beam that was the setting summer sun. I took in a fresh breath of fall. I can just hear the empty silence left in the dark that will be the upcoming months. The moment was seized with a sneeze and a sniffle. I looked up and saw a black figure zoom through my yard, up a neighbors roof, and down another's roof. I stood up as sirens rang out. I quickly ran into my house and locked the door. I, Vallia Helsing, am home alone during an alarm! I stumbled into my parents room and rammed my arm under their bed to find a silver pistol. I scrambled to my feet and fumbled to find bullets on their computer desk. I slid bullets into the guns barrel and then grabbed my fathers hat. Snarrles and growls captivated my thought. My breath was still and I slowly turned me head as it came from behind me. A quick glance and I ran out of my parents room and to the living room. It scrambled after me. I rammed my shoulder at the door trying to get out when I finally calmed down enough to unlock it and run out. I jumped and turned as the black beast came barreling after me. A quick shot and a sudden drop. All I remember is pain. No one was near to see me or hear me. Everyone was gone. I laid there unable to move, unable to survive. Slowly I fell into the dark abyss that was to be a dream. "Vallia! Your awake! Your alive!" My mothers voice rang deep in my thoughts. Pain shot through my chest and then I opened eyes. White bandages stretched across my hollow chest. I look around and see that I was asleep on a couch. "I'm so sorry we weren't home! Everyone is worried you got bitten!" My mother looked me in the eye. "No one knows you got scratched... so put on a shirt and go out there and tell them you are fine!" She demanded. I sat up in tearful pain and slipped a shirt over the bandages. I went outside and stood at the edge of the porch to see all of my friends waiting and talking. The black beast laid dead and blood drenched the grass around it. My eyes twitched and slowly fell off from the edge. I sprang up only to ram my forehead into my boyfriends. My friends got me to lay back down and rest. They took me in and we all talked. Early next morning the sirens rang and I was given the gun. My fathers hat was dusted off and placed on my head. I inched out on to the porch and looked around. A strong smell of blood surrounded me and sounds of feet cracking the grass buzzed in my head. I sighed and looked at my friends with pleeding eyes to go back in. They shook their heads and I swallowed hard. so I climbed up the roof forgetting about the pain and scanned the tops of the houses. Chances of one of them coming after me was enormous. My friends peeked over the roof and I scowled at them. Not knowing I was injured, knowing I wasn't scratched was a problem. If you were scratched or bitten you had to die. The sirens stopped and all was quiet. A quick glance behind me gave me enough time to react. Leaves fell close to the dead body that lied on the ground. If it wasn't for the gun I had with me I would be dead, my friends would be dead, and more importantly my mother and family would be dead. Suddenly I clutched my chest and tears trickled down my cheek. I had never felt something like this ever before. It felt like my heart was scratching againts thorns that formed a bushel pain and misery. I fell from the roof to the ground with a thump.

There are many things you aren't supposed to do while writing a book like miss spelling words and using them out of context. If you read this there is a lot of "word play" going on. So this paragraph will explain what happened for people who don't understand quite easily like the rest. The main character is named Vallia (Val-ia). She is fourteen and counting. Vallia is about five feet two inches. Her ancestor is Van Helsing and her father died when she was ten. The pistol she wields was her fathers and the hat is also her fathers. She is somewhat named after her ancestor. The black beast you hear so much about in this book is really werewolves. The setting is based off my neighborhood which I lived in while I was writing the book. That would be College Station, Texas. To be more specific Rolling Ridge 101, College Station, Texas. I grew up there so I much respect towards the city. If my wording is wierd to you, the reader, that's because I am dyslexic and I write how I would read it. I have three older brothers which you'll see through my books. At this moment, September seventeenth two thousand fourteen my mother and father are alive and well.