Chapter 5 - I-I can't, not again/ Wasted Words/New Jobs

Pic of T.K (Tom Kader)

Chapter 5 I-I can't, not again/ Wasted Words/New Jobs

~~~ Xavier's Point of view ~~~

Do you ever get that feeling when you know you could help someone but they won't let you?

That strong sense of hopelessness and helplessness.

When you know there's something wrong with the equation... When somethings not adding up.

I knew Vanessa didn't love him and that she didn't like the way he treated her, but she stayed by him anyway.

It's been two weeks since I stalked off in anger and hurt, and she has been attached at the hip with T.K.

She hasn't left his side and avoids my eyes and races away when I pass her in the hallways.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to know what was wrong. I want to figure out the puzzle. What is it with T.K?

Why does Vanessa stay when he hurts her?

Why is it that every time she meets my eyes, all I see is regret?

I groaned and clawed at my eyes softly. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Hey man, you okay?" Luis asked me, waving his hand in front of my face as I stood by some lockers, it was lunch break.

Luis's curly hair gave him that messy look and with the mischievous gleam in his big brown eyes--you knew he was a prankster. He was built like a skater lanky and was skinny to the point you thought he starved. I guess you could call him attractive. Girls did obviously. Not as attractive as I am but... he could be a really far second. I mean, I'm hot.

"Oh yeah, Im fine."  I said.

"Liar!" Paul said walking towards us, swinging his and Rachels intertwined hands.

Rachel had red hair and green eyes and a bunch of freckles spread across her face under her button nose.

Paul was a normal surfer guy. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Charming smile. He was a walking cliché.

"You're into the gangster's girl!" Rachel teased.

I screwed up my face in distaste. "Who's the gangster's girl?!"

They all gave me blank looks before turning to each other with a look that said;

"He's so slow."

Then Paul said  "Vanessa."

"She's not any gangster's girl. She's Vanessa. Her name is Vanessa, not the gangster's girl." I said slightly irritated.

"Woah! Calm down dude! Chill! That's just her nickname!"  Luis said waving his arm in surrender, joking but irritating me further in the process.

"Look, I was just saying she had a name."  I told him dead-panned.

"I bet it wasn't that she had a nickname, it's probably that she's called someone else's girl instead of yours!"  Paul accused, jabbing a finger into my chest and mocking me.

"What! You're cheating on me?!" Rachel joked, chewing her gum loudly and twirling her hair around her finger her as her eyes narrowed.

"I'm so sorry, baby... I swear it wasn't a one time thing." I played along.

She mock cried into Paul's shoulder,  silently "weeping" about her heart breaking.

Then she pulled Paul's hand and re-intertwined their hands.