[04] That Day, That Moment

04. That Day, That Moment (short fluffy story about love at the first sight)

His POV

"I told you I don't like this kind of stuff." I murmured in annoyed tone to my best friend who was busy smiling at everyone who passed us by. Jimin sipped his 2nd glass of champagne in relax manner before turned his gaze at me, I saw a bit of annoyance in his eyes.

"Well, this is a mandatory, Kim Taehyung. You're one of the well-known CEO in the business industry that makes your company name soars high in only 5 years. This dinner party is being held by Lee Soonjae, that comes from a long-line conglomerate family in this country. You've been avoiding social events since 6 months ago. Everyone been asking for you. Even if I'm the holder of the biggest share in our company right after you, I'm not the CEO. I'm your CFO. " I sighed inwardly at his answer. Everyone in this room held a high, or highest, positions in their company. This kind of dinner party happened in about twice or once a month, and same as now, it being held by a conglomerate or important figures.

"When will the dinner start?"

"Maybe in around 15 minutes. Just wait for a bit or start mingle with others." Jimin patted my shoulder. I looked around the room to see other people, some of them was looking at me, I nodded my head in respect and they nodded back. Then I finally saw her standing 10 steps away from me, talked to 3 people around her. With shoulder-length wavy brown hair that was being styled simply with a clip on one side, red lipstick as the dominant make-up on her plump lips, simple eye make-up that makes her eyes looks more brighter, and knee length sleeveless navy blue silk gown which accentuated her body perfectly. My heart started to beat so fast when she laughed at one of the woman who stood near her.

"Jimin." I called my friend, not letting my gaze away from that woman. "Jimin."

"What?"

"Who's that woman?"

"Which one?"

"The one in navy blue dress, talking to 3 other women around her. The one with most beautiful smile." I kept watching the woman talked animatedly to the other women. She looked so relaxed and happy.

"Hm... Oh, I remember her, she is Kim Hyunji's daughter. CEO of Daeguk Ship Manufacture. I think her name is Jen.. Jennie? She just came back from UK. Why?" Daeguk? Ah that well-known ship manufacturer. I never worked with them didn't I?

"We haven't got any partnership with Daeguk?" I looked at him.

"No, we haven't. But I think they'll want to work with us soon, they're going to release a new yacht and for the interior they might interested working with us since we're just finished working with his close friend, Jung Myungseok."

"Ah, the private jet." I recalled our work that just finished in about a week ago, working on the custom interior of the private jet for the Minister of Labor's son.

"Yep. Wait, why are you asking me about her? Don't tell me... you like her?" Jimin widened his eyes in surprised. Well, I can't blamed him, it's been years since my last relationship, so for me to finally interested again at someone is surprising.

"I don't actually know if what I feel like now can be called as 'like'. But honestly, I never feel this kind of feeling before. I want to know everything about her, I want to make her smile, hell I don't know why but I even feel like she's the one." I blurted it out to him while looking at Jennie who now walking to one of the table. She bent down and kissed her father's cheek, before finally sat down.

"Are you serious? If you indeed want to pursue her you really need to make sure about your feeling. I don't want our future partnership with Daeguk affected by anything that can happened."