Inner peace and beating the barnacle

Inner peace , deep breath , inner peace , deep breath . 'Bleh , along with the smell of chlorine apparently'. I thought grimly.

And the whistle goes off
And so do I

Arms like windmill ,legs kicking as if there is no tomorrow, deep breaths
I set my target in sight 'actually two ,if you count beating the barnacle out of my rival' . And So does my body to win this thing

But apparently fate , Destiny , the universe and my body doesn't agree with me at all . I mean it's not like I eat every day Nutella or any other chocolaty food . I eat Nutella only every Monday (cause , I mean who isn't sad that Saturday and Sunday are gone and you have to wait for another five whole days ) and Wednesday and Thursday . And on the weekends I eat each day chocolate chip fudge syrup ice cream (Its so good) .' And it's a wonder you can do this without a cramp or getting blown up like a pufferfish' .My sub-conscience sniggers

Because after reaching and getting up on the silver metal ladder on the side of the the pool, I pushed myself up using my somewhat existent upper strength and the cold touch of the tiled floor could be felt underneath my God given Bigfoot feet. I realized that I came second 'again' yay.note the very heavy sarcasm.

I know it's great I came second and that I am acting like a brat but just once I would want to beat him, just once ,is it that hard, God, Hercules, anyone up there .

From across the arena I could see my bestie ,Willow running towards me , very slowly might I add. I guess it's due to the wet slippery caution sign next to the entrance and all the other five cones spread across the arena.

Next to my side I could see that my other bestie and partner in crime, Sneha came in third . Yep, you guessed it correct and if not that is a bummer. She is a proud patriotic Indian who came to our school in freshman year when we were both competing for the team but made it together in true sportsmanship with words that (I guess ...) she spoke in Hindi That are pretty much against the innocent ears as I beat to her when I came in third place and she in fourth. Since then we have came to a mutual understanding, which have then blossomed into a wonderful friendship filled with love , fan-girling , movie nights with horrible,cringy movies just to complain about it and geek theories about superheroes along with getting into fights about who is the best marvel character out there ( I still and will always think that Iron man is the coolest ).Of course, all of these consisted with my childhood bestie Willow when we met at a park in 6th grade.

I could see that my rival (who came first as always) is standing next to one of his friends who is handing him a blue and white towel with our school mascot logo on the front and by closer inspection, he was grinning . He.was.fraking.grinning . Does he not know how jealou- no ,I do not have 'you-know-what word, that starts with a j' .I am just mildly angry to say the least . Okay ,mildly is an understatement. I am furiously angry with him. How could he be so happy like he got a pot full of gold when I lost ? ' maybe because he isn't going to be a pufferfish like you one day and also because he won, duh ' I hate it when my logical side is ... well logical .

Then very slowly, he turned his head towards me and as if I had done an apparition spell on his face (if I had that spell ,I would have just apparat him completely to the other side of the black hole), as the once grin on his face had morphed into a complete scowl .

As the maturest, most reasonable person out there alive on this multiverse. I had a gruesome scowl etched on my face in reply and did that throat slicing thing with my hands and pointed at him with my index finger. He's scowl turned deeper as if that was even humanly possible and turned away as my glare that was once a scowl tried to turn him into ashes ( unfortunately none of those things happened sadly, the world would have been better off)