5

Brianna and I have been sat for almost three hours watching tv. After dinner, we'd played goldfish (me, Brianna AND ms Penelope btw) and snap and then Brianna had said that the reruns of the Princess Sugarplum TV series were on, so we sat to watch them with a huge bucket of popcorn and some sodas.

It's almost 8:30pm, Brianna's bed time. I stop watching videos on my phone to remind her. 'Brianna, its almost your bedtime. Switch off the tv and get ready for bed.' I say, my arms folded which means that i mean business and Brianna knows to not mess with me. Besides, I'm kinda bored and I wanna invite Chloe and Zoey over for a sleepover so the sooner Brianna is asleep in bed, the better.

'NOOOOO!!! We're on the best bit now, I promise, I cant go to bed now, Princess Sugarplum just rescued the Gummydrop Unicorn and their about to reach Popsicle City!'

Can Princess Sugarplum episodes get any weirder??!! 

'Sorry Brianna, but Mom made me promise to get you in bed at the right time every night. And I cant bite back on promises - you know thats bad. If you get ready and in bed in 15 minutes, i'll tell you a story, ok? And you can choose it.'

Brianna leapt up and ran up those stairs, faster than any Princess Sugarplum on a Gummydrop Unicorn. I laughed and started tidying up the mess. After I was done, I quickly texted Mom to ask if I was allowed to invite my firends for a sleepover. As i stacked the wet dishes in the dishwasher, i got a reply.

'Yes but make sure Brianna goes to bed on time and you and your friends soon after. Have fun! :)'

Mom is acrually the best sometimes. I am in the middle of dialling Chloe's number when I hear an ear splitting scream.

'NNNNIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I almost drop my phone and catch it just in time! i run up stairs to see Brianna in the bathroom, toothpaste around her mouth and tears running down her face. 

'Brianna whats hapened??' i say, taking her hand like mom does to try to get that screaming BRAT to stop.

'Ms Penelope's GONE! I washed my hands after peeing and now she's GONEEE!!!' Brianna burst into tears again. i rolled my eyes. those tears were SO fake.

 i knew mom never let her sleep with ms penelope inked on her hand at night anyway but i felt like she was making an extra big fuss because mom wasnt here. i looked around the bathroom for some kind of inspiration and i saw the henna thatdad used to dye his beard. i grabbed it. 

'Hey, hey Brianna. Stop crying, i can draw a new ms penelope for you. just wash your face and hands and i'll do it for you. this one'll be semi permanent and unwashable, you'll love it trust me.

brianna set to wash and clean her face and hands and then i proceeded to draw a face similar to ms penelopes using the henna. it came out a bit wobbly but hey! i tried, didnt i?

'Thats ugly!'

'Quit being a spoilt BRAT, Brianna! Now lets get to bed and quickly read that story, ok? i'm inviting chloe and zoey and havent even gotten to calling them yet.'

brianna's eyes widened. 'Your having a sleepover?!'

oops.

'No fair! i want one! i want to invite oliver and his grandma and little Amber from kindergarten too!'

'NO, Brianna. This is just a sleepover for me and my friends because mom said yes. Anways you'll be asleep when they come and i'm gonna drop you to olivers for a playdate tomorrow at 9am so you wont see them tomorrow either. you're supposed to be asleep now anyway.'

'NO FAIR!!! If YOURE having a sleepover I want one! im NOT gonna sleep until you let me!!!'

i slapped my forhead. what have i gotten myself into?!