Two Ears, Full Tears.

Danielle

Danielle

From atop of the surgery room by the waiting room window, me, Chris, and Chris's whole crew watched as the heart surgeon and doctors operated on Omari.

I couldn't say anything. I was too shocked, scared, and overwhelmed was an understatement. I didn't know what to truly feel other than wanting this all to be a bad dream of some sort and that I'm sleeping next to Omari. He'd wake me up any moment now and tell me that it's all going to be okay.

But unfortunately, I knew better.

"Heartbeats picking up rapidly!... He's going into cardiac arrest! Defibrillator people! Hurry up!" the heart surgeon yelled out to his team as they suddenly electrified Omari's body on his chest making him jolt up several times.

"What's- What are they doing to him?! Why are they shocking his body like that?!" I cried as Chris suddenly held me since I was shaking and crying.

"HR Stat?!" the surgeon yelled.

"Declining sir," a nurse read. And after a while, "... Flat line... I'm sorry sir."

Crying loudly, "Noo!... No! No! No! No! No!" I broke down falling to my knees on the floor out of Chris's arms, "He can't be dead! He can't be!"

"Sir! Heart rates rapidly speeding back up!" a nurse yelled making me instantly stand up and watch as hope sprung up in all of us.

"Stat?!"

"Moderately speeding!"

"Clear!" the surgeon yelled before putting the defibrillator to Omari's chest again, "Don't you die on me!... Clear!... Tell me those HR Stats!... Clear!" he charged his heart again.

"His heart is going overload!"

We watched as Omari's body convulsed up and down then everything became eerily quiet.

"Stat?" the surgeon sighed heavily.

"He's... He's gone sir," the nurse said sympathetically.

"Shit!" he frustratedly spoke, "Shut everything down," he said while covering Omari's face with the other half of the white blanket on his body.