His Love.

(3 months later)

Christopher Maurice Brown, 26

"It's been a whole year my nigga. You know damn well you miss the hell outta Danielle. When are you ever gonna put your pride aside and go see her? We're in Brooklyn right now, yet you keep focusing every conversation about her," Tj exasperated to me while I was painting murals for a charity here in Brooklyn, "Nigga yo' ass is sprung and y'all haven't even kissed yet," he laughed.

Smacking my teeth, I straight faced him, "Shut up. I don't care how much I may talk about her but I'm not gonna go see someone that hates me and obviously can't stand being in my presence... And I'm not sprung you damn chicken head."

Chuckling, "So you say bro. But look here. I'm out. Enjoy the rest of your day brother and..." he sighed.

"And what? Why are you acting weird all of a sudden?" I furrowed my brows as I looked at him skeptically.

"Just try not to get upset and not hurt 'anybody'," he said emphasizing the word 'anybody'.

The fuck is he talking about?

"What do you mean? Why would I do that?"

"You'll find out sooner or later. Stay black," he said before walking away out the art rec room leaving me by myself.

"Nigga weird as fuck," I mumbled.

He is right about me always talking about Danielle only because I really miss her, but I'm not about to admit that.

Danielle “Taystee” Brooks, 27

Walking into the white rec room that Tj had pointed to the door of, I finally saw Chris.

It's been so long and I just couldn't hold on to my feelings for him any longer.

I watched a bit in amazement at how he was spray painting on a couple of canvases on its stands. He was so focused and hadn't even realized that anyone was in here with him.