So Many Quiet Walks To Take.

(8 months later)

Chris

It's been quite some time since Hoody's funeral, and things have just been... normal.

I miss my brother like crazy though, but I know he's in a better place looking down at all of us.

I just got back from my seven month tour not too long ago with my bro Tupac and it was successful as expected, and soon I'll be collaborating with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

"Sheesh! My nigga you can't play worth shit," Mijo laughed, "Taste like candyyy..." he sung along to "Candy" by Cameo that's playing from the speakers throughout my house.

"Nigga yo' ass stay cheatin'!" TJ laughed at him making us all laugh at them since we were playing spades at my house.
I decided to have a kickback with my friends, crew, and plenty of other people here. All I wanted to do was chill today, so I did exactly that.

"Chris. Some chick on the line for you," my friend Lo told me as he sat down on the couch with some broad.

"They say who it is?" I asked him in hopes that it was 'her' after taking a gulp from my 40 that's in its brown paper bag sitting it back down by my spot on the table.

"No. Phone's on the counter though," he said.

I got up from my seat and proceeded to the kitchen seeing my white telephone dangling from its curly cord on the counter.

Picking it up, I answered, "Hello? Who's this?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "Speak to me."

"Chris. It's Josie. Danielle's friend," she spoke up.

"Oh. Hey. What's happenin'?" I asked courteously.

"Look, umm. Danielle told me not to tell you any of this, but fuck it..." she sighed softly.

"What is it? She okay?" I asked a bit urgently.

"I thought you should know... She did a shoot for Vibe magazine, and it went really well."

Irked, "Good for her," I retorted before rolling my eyes.

"And since you -"

"Look. Why you callin' me anyway?" I spat.

"Look. She's on the noon train tomorrow headed for Brooklyn and she'll be doing another photoshoot there... I thought maybe you should see her off before she officially moves away for good," she said.

"Well maybe not," I spat, irritated.

"Well you do what you wanna do. I just thought I should tell you."