Another Shot Chapter 5

If I had thought Roza was rough on Stasiya this morning I was in for a rude awakening.

"Mommy! Daddy!" She squealed as she came into the gym and tackled us both into hugs.
"Stasiya!" Roza and I laughed.
"Aww. You're no fun you two!"
"It's training time Stasiya." Roza reprimanded our little girl.
"Sorry Mommy."
"Now focus baby girl." By Stasiya's excited face she knew what was coming.
"An Elite equivalent session?" How had our daughter properly pronounced 'equivalent' at five was beyond me.
"Roza!"
"Watch her. This is a real challenge for her and she loves it."
"You are going to have to write me her lesson plans." I shook my head at how many levels of training one little girl had.
"Hmm. She has seven basic levels with different combinations if she doesn't meet requirements. I will have to write you them out."

"Mommy! Stop flirting with Daddy and get yourself focused."
"Yes baby. Okay, warm up- 80 laps in under 22 minutes 34. I don't care how much under, just under."
Our daughter was out the door.

"Honestly- is there nothing she can't do?"
"Stake. She can incapacitate but not yet stake."
"I'm guessing that will fall on me at some point?"
"Give her some time, she will need to stake, just not yet. She needs strength and endurance first."

Two days later Rose handed over Stasiya's lesson plans and they freaked me out. How hard my little five year old had to work if she didn't meet requirements was insane. As if the lesson plans in the first place weren't hard enough. It had a note attached that 'easy' and 'medium' sessions were only to be used when injured or when sharing the gym, and 'Elite equivalent' was to be used at least once a month, preferably once or twice a week. Rose handed me the reins to run my first session with Stasiya once she'd been back for four days.

"That was going too easy on her Dimitri," Roza sighed when our daughter left for dorm.
"Too easy? Rose, that was an Elite equivalent."
"Your version. Don't be afraid to reprimand her to refocus her. She's like you in that respect, takes it and learns from it. Don't be scared to push her."
"Rose, I hardly know her. I haven't got a clue what potential she was born with."
"Potential to be the living, need-for-blood-less equivalent of a Strigoi. She can handle whatever we throw at her." I was clearly going to have to adjust to my daughter being precious but not delicate. Her mother had.

Over the following week I took over trainings and Rose left for a briefing at Court over her next mission. My baby girl was doing whatever it was she felt Tasha deserved without ever letting either one of her parents in on it. Tasha also came back with results of the tests I'd asked her for.

"As I thought, Natasha. You can't play me anymore. Now leave. Either go back to Court, or your home. And do it before I- or Stasiya- drag your backside out of the Academy gates." She simply paled at the mention of my daughter and left.