Binding

The next day was an explosion of activity. My pack was preparing for the wedding, which had hurriedly been decided would be very Nephilim. Of course, Umbridge and Fudge would find it primal and possible barbaric, but marriage was marriage in the end. 

It was decided staff could attend, but students would not. I didn't want to give the students any ideas that we were what Umbridge claimed us to be. Fudge and several other ministry officials would be there as witnesses as well. Overall, it would be a small affair. 

When Saturday came, I found myself sitting in front of a mirror as Reena braided small gold flowers in my hair. I looked regal in my wide skirted green and gold gown, by far the most beautiful dress I owned (Pictured below). I took in a shaky breath. Finally, after my nerves were near frayed, I was getting married and tying an alliance together. 

I stood to my feet when Reena put the last flower in place, telling my ladies gathered around me, "It's time

I stood to my feet when Reena put the last flower in place, telling my ladies gathered around me, "It's time." Reena, Sahara, Sarea, and Arya followed me out of our chambers and down the halls. We exited through the open front doors of Hogwarts, where Vallir was waiting for us. With a silent nod, I took his arm. 

As he led us to the grounds where everyone waited, Vallir murmured to me, "Are you sure of this?"

"I'm sure." I replied in the same hushed tone as my pack member. 

Torches lit a path, with not only the members of my pack standing in wait, but also staff members and ministry officials. I happened to glance at Umbridge, standing there with a look on her face like she smelled dead fish. I smirked as I passed her. Good, get pissed. At the end of the torches and spectators stood Frey and Severus. The sight of him made my cheeks warm and I thanked my lucky stars it was so dark. 

Vallir led me to them, giving me a courtly bow when he let me go and melted into the crowd. I nodded at him, then turned to face the man I was to marry. Severus looked so serious, like this a trial. Well, I guess in a way it was. I wanted to reassure him, but Frey's smooth voice sounded out over us all.

"We come below the stars to join together two souls," He began in the Nephilim way, "Two hearts, two minds, two beings of the same coin. A binding of two cultures, blending them seamlessly into one." Then he turned to Arya, who stepped forward with a bone hilt knife with an onyx blade. I held out my hand and Severus mirrored my motions. One at a time, Frey sliced open our palms. Then Severus held out his bleeding hand and I took it with my own, offering him a slight smile.

As he bound a snow white cloth around our hands, Frey continued, "May the sun warm your days. May the moon stand sentry at night. May the water offer fertility. May the earth offer nourishment. May the wind offer wisdom. May the fire offer courage. May the stars light your path. And may you each offer the other sanctuary." At this last bit, he turned to Severus, "As the binder, I offer your your bride." My pack began to applaud, and slowly the others began to as well. Severus gave me a small grin as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. 

When he pulled back, I stared into his dark eyes. Eyes like nighttime darkness. I smiled at my husband warmly, filled with the triumph of knowing we had won. The alliance was secure.