Late Nights

Angel's POV

    "Do you believe in Karma?" I asked Jax. 

We were sitting on the patio trying to make shapes of stars in the night sky. 

"No."

"Why?" I retorted.

"I think about it like this, why blame everything on some invisible force when it's our own fault."

I shook my head, "You dumbass that's what karma is." 

"Huh?" He looked at me like a lost puppy. 

I shifted my body towards his.

"The thing about Karma is that it's up to you. Whether you get good or bad karma comes down to the decisions you make. Whatever you put out into the world will eventually come back to you."

"But that's just common sense!" He huffed.

I let out a small smile and looked back up to the sky.  

"Why do you ask?"

I stayed silent as I felt him stared at me with confusion.

"I feel like Karma is out to get me. Every choice that I didn't even think twice about before is on it's away to destroy me. I'm gonna end up hurting everyone."

Silence played between us as the waves crashed behind us. I have no idea why I even told him that. I had no idea that I felt like that.

I felt his big hands wrap around mine. I looked back at him, making eye contact. 

"Don't you dare think like that. I'm not going to let you blame yourself for a literal psycho! You have no idea how great you are. And even if you did end up destroying me I wouldn't have it another way."

I just stared at him. I knew he was telling the truth.

I scoffed. "Oh Jax you are a fool."

He took my hands and brought them up up to his face. 

"Let me be your fool," he whispered.

My eyes widened, "I can't let you do that."

"Give me one good reason."

Oh I can give you a thousand.

I pulled my hands from his face and stayed silent.

  We both knew why. 

"Thank you for today. I had a lot of fun." I said smiling as I glanced over at him.

"You never fail to surprise me. You did a backflip off a cliff!" He nearly yelled.

I snorted. "Yeah who knew you would be such a bitch around sharks."

"HEY!"

I howled with laughter. "You pushed me underwater to stay afloat!" 

"Look it's not my fault! You just happened to look like a lifesaver." He snickered.

"How about we call it a night princess?"

I nodded yawning.

We went inside and got ready for bed. I washed my face and put one of Jax's shirts on. I made my way back into the bedroom to find a very shirtless Jax asleep on the bed. I smiled and shook my head.

I closed the patio door and turned off the lights. I walked over to his side of the bed and put both of our phones to charge.

I have to text Isabella and Laura in the morning.

I dragged myself to the other side and jumped into the king size bed. I tucked Jax in and made myself comfortable. I looked over at his peaceful figure and without thinking I lightly traced his features with my finger. His breathing was deep letting me know he was asleep.

I placed a feathery kiss on his lips.

"I'm falling in love with you Wilder," I whispered.

I fell asleep on his warm chest and for the first time in a long time. I finally felt at home.