Mansion Full of Ghosts

I wake up and look at my almost empty room. Most of my things were already moved to the house left from my late mother's will. 'I didn't even know she owned a house of the size. It could have possibly been my father's...' I decide not to think much more of the thought and got out of bed.

I walk downstairs. 'Luckily, it's summer break, so I can move the rest over today and tomorrow.' Preparing breakfast, I look out the window. 'Oh, it must have been raining pretty hard yesterday.' I stand at the counter to eat. 'I only have couple of things here, probably can move in two rounds..and..' My eyes catch a wispy shape. 'Oh.'

The shape seemed to fill out and then expanded. A face formed out of the blob and the whole body seemed to center itself. "Hi!! What's up?"

"Hey, how are you, Arata-san?"

"So you're moving out, huh?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Ah..." Arata-san looks around the apartment. "Going to miss this place. Are you sure you want to move?"

"Yeah. I don't think I could handle living here without Mom."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense."

Finishing breakfast, I go back to the boxes. 'I probably move these here and I have a couple of hangers over here...' Out of the corner of my eye, Arata looked hesitant, opening and then closing his mouth. I look over. "Arata-san, is there something wrong?"

"Oh, do you mind if I come with you?"

I pause with my rummaging. "Aren't you attached to this place? You used to tell me that you really liked this place. You would have followed me to school if you could leave. You could try though."

"Hm...I do like this place. I do. When I rose, I was pulled to this place."

"Do you know what you liked about this place?"

"Yeah, I think I might have lived here for a bit. Things look familiar and stuff."

"Hm... maybe you're here because you left something behind."

"Yeah, probably that. But I have no clue what that might be, though"

"Do you want me to help you?"

"Nah, I'm good. I'll figure something out."

"Okay, if you're sure."

"Yeah."

I grabbed one box out of the four that were in the house, brought it down the stairs and went back up to grab my bike. Bringing my bike down, I attached the box towards the back of the bike and I ride along the road to the house. The air is fresh with a bit of a cool breeze, clouds covering up most of the sun. I could hear the splash of water as I ride across the puddles.

Before I knew it, I had arrived at the house. It was a nice place with wooden doors and a small maple. There was some weaving on the frame and a small balcony. Opening the front door with his keys, he placed the box among bunches of boxes that were already placed there. He proceeded towards the back and opened the sliding door in the back. Looking around, I see a small koi pond and bushes surrounding a small garden in the back. Small stones decorated the outside of the koi pond along with a small stone basin. Sitting down, he enjoys the breeze as it brushes through the screen door and hit a small wind chime.