21

IN REAL LIFE.

"Places for the next skit!" Tina, the director screamed. It was Friday, the day before the show.

"What skit is that?" Anna shouted across the auditorium, frantically throwing off her outfit for the "Cat Lady" skit, now only standing in a tan tank top and shorts.

"Murder skit!" She replied, making Anna throw on her bright pink sweater and jeans she was wearing for it. A hair and makeup person put her hair in a different style as quickly as possible, and Anna walked out on the stage.

"Alright. We're gonna run this one a few times." Tins said, sitting in her rightful place in the directors chair.

Brendon came out wearing black boots, a leather jacket, a white tank top, and black leather pants. On his face they added a slight bit of blood on his bottom lip to make it look like he had just got in a fight. His hair was messy and his fake gun was in his left hand.

"Alright." Brendon smiled, walking over to Anna. They both had memorized their lines but had never actually practiced the motions together.

The skit was supposed to begin with Brendon already with his hands around Anna and holding the fake gun to her head, but Brendon felt awkward touching Anna.

"Dude, it's acting." Is all Anna said before literally wrapping his arms around her from behind. One fell around her hips, and one right
under her jawline, the one holding the gun.

They went through the entire skit, both of their chemistry making all of the producers laugh. Brendon was a perfect fit, he was almost as funny as Anna.

Almost.

When the skits were all ran through later on, Brendon walked up to Anna.

"G-Good job today Anna." Brendon said awkwardly, smiling at the petite girl.

"Thanks! You too!" She smiled back, packing up all her things into her designer tote bag.

"What are you doing tonight?" Brendon asked, considering it was only 7:30.

"I was just gonna head home, maybe watch some movies with Ruby. Why?" The girl asked innocently.

Brendon smiled, "My friends and I are going roller skating for one of their birthdays. Want to come? Ruby can come too, bring as many people as you want."

"Sure" Is all Anna had to say.

Her and Brendon were hanging out tonight.