Alternate Non-canon Locations

Japan: In the 1850's the US held a small grip over Japan starting with Commodore Perry's "negotiations" with Paixhans Shell Guns that destroyed whatever building they hit. Once the American Civil War demanded all troops possible, the French, Dutch and British expanded civilized hospitality somewhat. The Japanese had a series of interesting engagements, the Attack on the British legation in Edo, July 1861 being one such scene. Then there was war, assassinations, modernization and so much more. In 1863 was the Imperial Order to Expel Barbarians, basically a movement to kick all foreigners out of Japan. Military and political turmoil lasted until the collapse of the Bakufu after the Boshin War and/or the month long Battle of Hakodate in May 1869. (It was cool and all but screw Guarma right?)

China: Punti-Hakka Clans Wars 1855-1867. These wars killed 1,000,000+ people, enough said... kinda.

Malaysia: The Punti-Hakka hostilities were so severe that four wars started up amongst the POW slaves sold to Malaysia. FOUR from 1861-1874.

A/N: If anyone would want to see content from the events above or other events from the 1860's onward towards even the Al Capone or Bonnie and Clyde era let me know! :)