Chapter 2

Aqua wakes up the next day to hear voices downstairs in the kitchen so she gets up, dressed & heads down the stairs but stops when she sees Nate talking to David & her mom. He notices her & said, "Morning, baby." She smiles as she walks over to him, wraps her arms around his waist & said, "Morning, hon." She smiles then heads to go shower not noticing David following her & David doesn't notice Nate following him. Marie goes to her room to get some clean clothes when she's grabbed by the arm, spun around & pinned to the dresser by David. "Listen here, you little brat! I'm fed up with your attitude so, if you don't start acting your age, I'll make you wish you weren't born." David said then he slaps her across the face then leaves the room, Marie starts to cry as she falls to the floor. Nate is hiding from sight knowing he couldn't help Marie cause David would turn on him so, he waits til David leaves to go over to his girlfriend. He hugs her & said, "It's alright, babe. I'm here." She cries into his bare chest glad to have him with her.

Later that day, Aqua heads to the bay for a swim with Nate to get away from the house & David. She smiles cause a pod of killer whales are playing in the bay so, she runs & jumps off the dock into the water. "Come on in, babe. The water is great." said Aqua to Nate who was standing on the dock. He smiles at her, takes off his shirt & jumps into the water. They swim for about an hour then sit on the dock, making out when they hear Alexis calling from the house.

That night, they help cook dinner while David is in his study working. Alexis notices that Aqua is staying close to Nate so she asks, "Sweetie, why do you hate David so much?" "Because mom, he's hateful to me & you don't do anything to stop him from hurting me." Aqua said as she walks out of the house & to the dock to spend time with the pod of whales since she knows they understand her like Nate does. Later that night she sleeps in the guest house with Nate cause she is still mad at her mom & David. "You shouldn't be so hard on your mom, babe." "I know, Nate. But even since her & David got married it's like she doesn't notice the beatings or the marks on me where he hits me." said Marie. She crawls into bed next to him, buries her face into his chest & falls asleep in his arm. He watches her for a bit then falls asleep also.