Chapter 1

Aqua's in the back of her parents car, looking out the window, listening to some love songs that she wrote for her boyfriend. David & her mom are arguing the front seat. Since she had her headphone in, she didn't hear what they were saying til her mom Alexis tells David to stop cause she seen someone so, David does. When her mom got out, she does also but almost falls to her knees when she sees that it's her boyfriend & runs over to him. She kneels down next to him trying not to cry at the sight of her boyfriend who's beaten up. Aqua reaches to touch his face where he has a cut on his cheek when David grabs her arm & said, "Don't touch him. I think we should just call the police and not get involved." She glares at him as she pulls her arm away from him & said, "I know him, David! He needs help!" "No cops." the young man said. Aqua looks at her mom in tears then touches his face & asks, "Who done this to you, babe?" He finally looks at Aqua & said, "Give you one guess, Marie." She sighs as he wipes away her tears then helps him to the car ignoring David & her mother's looks.

When they arrive to the dock, the ferry has already left which makes David mad. Aqua hamds her boyfriend a cigarette & one of the lighters he gave her. She lays her head on his shoulder as he wraps an arm around her. "How do you know Aqua?" Alexis asks him. He looks at Aqua to see her nod her head telling him that he can tell them. "We're highschool sweethearts & have been together ever since." He said which made David look at his step daughter in anger. Before he left, Aqua pulls him to the side so her parents don't hear his name. She hugs him tightly & said, "I wish you were coming with us, Nate." He hugs her back & said, "Me too, Marie. But I don't think your step dad likes me." She nods her head trying not to show that she's scared of David. Nate noticed that she had marks on her neck & asks, "Did he do this to you, babe?" Marie cries into his shoulder as she nods her head. Nate lifts her head, touches her face & kisses her which she return gladly. When they pull apart she looks into his blue eyes & said, "I love you." "I love you too, baby." Nate said.

The next day, Aqua & her parents are on the ferry heading to the island. She walks around when she sees Nate standing with his back to her so, she walks over to him, hugs him from behind & kisses his neck then asks, "Are you following us, babe?" He touches he hands & said, "No, I just don't have anywhere to go so, I figured that I'd see if your family let me stay with you." She nods her head then heads back to where her family is at as the ferry docks at the island. She hurries to the house & up to her room which faced the ocean. She gets into her room, smiling as she opens the balcony doors, gets ready for bed, crawls into bed & falls asleep knowing that Nate was on the island.