Marisol

The baby cooed in Etienne's arms. She smiled down at him as he grabbed at her finger. Him more than anybody she felt their force intertwined. His aura was bright but not distorting. It was clear and beaming, making her feel a warmth she had never felt before, even in the arms of Harken.

"My precious baby boy," She whispered.

A vague thought of the powers she possessed and whether he would contain such gifts passed through her brain just long enough to plant a seed and then it was pushed out of her conscious. Better to be dealt with at a later time so she could enjoy her life in the present.

Milo appeared in the opening of the door.

"I have been waiting."

"After that last interaction with Harken..."

"You are always welcome. Harken doesn't fully understand the situation. His love for me still guides most of his decision for better or for worse."

"I wish for your sake we lived in another world so all your attributes and intelligence would get put to good use."

Etienne smiled at the comment but laughed it away in the same manner.

"Meet my little," She stated adjusting her positioning to show the baby off better.

"How lucky the world is for this precious life to be born. What is his name?"

"Marisol."

Milo smiled and looked at the baby who cooed away and seemed perfectly content.

Harken cleared his throat standing in the doorway.

They both glanced at him and Milo turned around.

"I had better get going before I lose track of time." He leaned down kissing the baby and kissing Etienne. "I will protect and watch over this child just as I have watched and protected over you." He whispered and then turned around.

"Congratulations," He stated nodding at Harken and then quickly disappeared.

Once a moment had passed, making sure Milo was really gone, Harken spoke.

"I wish you would not go behind my back and continue to speak to him."

Etienne looked up at him at the statement.

"Do not ruin a good moment, Harken. I've never requested you to cut off all ties with your family. Why should I obey you? Because you're unsure of my loyalties?"

"It's bad for my reputation," Harken snapped.

Etienne sighed irritated by the conversation.

"Come here, Harken."

"Etienne..."

"Please come here."

Harken begrudgingly walked closer to Etienne.

"Look on the face of your child. Be grateful he is healthy and forget all the worldly problems you think you have. This is so much bigger than all of that. Can't you see?"

The expression on Harken's face softened as he looked down at the baby's face taking in the miracle of the situation more than he even could even fathom.