FIRE AND THUD

ᴍy ʜᴏᴩᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ꜱᴛᴏʟᴇɴ
ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʀɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴜᴇ

Fire and Thud
by Arctic Monkeys

What Michael did yesterday of arriving on time to History of Music class, he couldn’t do on this tuesday morning

He doesn’t know what is his problem that he can’t get out of the bed when he should. His insomnia really is getting the best of him.

All of Michael’s high school teachers hated him because he would barely get to school on time. There was a time that they stopped caring about it, for being so used to it.

“Late once again, Mr. Clifford.” Mr. Roberts says, not amused at all. All of his teachers already know his name because either he always get late to class, or are always participating.

When Michael got to college, his attitude changed completely, so different from how he was in class. He put in his head that he wants to be the top student in all of his classes.

Having this scholarship and have the opportunity to come to university to study, was the biggest opportunity he had ever had. Yes, he worked hard in high school, when he saw that his parents would never pay for his education and that if he didn’t put some effort in his grades, he could never do what he likes.

He doesn’t want to waste this opportunity by being an average student. Sure being almost every time late,  doesn’t help him that much. But he’s trying hard.

Music is his life, and studying music is something that he’s grateful to be doing. He doesn’t see himself getting a degree in anything else.

Mumbling an I’m sorry, the blond walks to his seat on the back of the class, as always.

“Mr. Clifford,” something about Mr. Robert that annoys Michael the most, isn’t even his attitude that he’s better, but his british accent. “You need to find a pair to make this new assignment.” The cold stare of his teacher and his rudeness is something Michael hates so much. “And try to arrive in time next week, or you won’t even put a foot in my class.”

Work in pairs again. Why do they need to work in pairs? Working alone is much more practical.

His eyes study the students around him, trying to find someone who still doesn’t have a pair. He would probably pick Luke, if he was in this class.

From all the classes he has with the curly-blond, it had to be on that they don’t share to require a assignment in pairs. He already knows Luke and it would be easier.

And then he sees a familiar face. Ian, from McDonalds. The only one in this whole class who doesn’t have a partner, is the only person Michael is trying to avoid.

No, he didn’t text Ian, and now it would be super awkward. Damn, how Michael hates his life right now.

Slowly, he walks to the boy. Approaching the brown-haired, he clears his throat, gaining the boy’s attention. “Do you have a partner?” Michael asks, awkwardly, receiving a smile from him.