Chapter one, part one

I woke up in my bed. I looked at the clock, 6:54. Again I must get ready quickly for school. "Sin, I made you some waffles when your ready!" My mother shouted from the living room. I always feel bad for her. A single mom, two kids, and a teacher. I got out of bed and brushed my hair. I then put it into a French braid. I decided to wear something nice to school.

After getting dressed, I went to the kitchen for my waffles. I took one bite and moaned. "How are they? I tried a new recipe... sorry if you don't like them." My mother explained. I laughed. "No Mom. These are the best ones so far! Keep this recipe somewhere I can reach." I said, then stuffed more food down my throat. I wasn't hungry at all. But I was never hungry to be fair. I glanced at the counter and saw the mail. "Anything good?" I asked mother while looking at the pile. She stared at me then looked away. "Your Dad sent you a letter." I sighed then put my plate down. My father left after my fourth birthday. He found out my mom got pregnant with someone else's baby. And that baby is my little sister, Sienna. I grabbed the letter and threw it in the trash. I still haven't forgiven my father for leaving me.

"Sin? Why are you here? It's your week at your Dad's, am I correct?" Sienna groaned while waking to her vegan waffles. I snickered under my breath. "I'm guessing you didn't want to see him?" She pried. I nodded once and grabbed my car keys. "Drive safe, Sin. Love you!" Mother said. I smiled at her, hoping she would understand that I'll be late soon. I grabbed my bag and went out to my car. It was a beautiful black pickup truck. I tried starting the engine. I walked out of my truck and open the lid. Nothing seemed wrong, so tried again. And again, and again, and again.

I decided to just walk the 14 miles it takes to get to school. I stepped onto the street, trying to cross it when I felt a big impact on my back. I flew about 15 feet to the left. I looked around to see what it was. I saw a car drive into the ditch. Then a hand appeared in front of me. I looked up to see a teenage boy, probably a little older than me. "You just gonna sit there like a bloody idiot? Get up, Sin." I took his hand, then everything went black.