7|Imprint

"Wow. Can't believe we just did that." Andrew mumbled while walking to his room. Me and Daylam sat on the couch. His arm went around my shoulders slowly. I cuddle into him. "You know it's weird how we're so close, even though we just met. Like there's a connection." I commented. "Yeah..." Daylam replied.

He was hiding something from me and it was obvious. "What are you not telling me?" I say, leaning away from him so I can see his face. "There's something that demons have so they can find partners. It's called imprinting. You feel close to another demon or hybrid and fall in love. It's weird. No one at our school has imprinted yet, and I think we're the first." Daylam says.

"LOVE? Love isn't real Daylam." "Oh yes it is! Imprinting is no joking matter, it means we found our soulmate, Leilyn." He said, running his hands through my shiny black hair. "I've never felt it." I snickered. "Well have you felt this connection between someone and you before?" "No..." I answer, hesitantly. "Exactly. Now the way to figure out if you imprinted is to kiss the person. A big light appears and they get marks on their necks, that are matching. Not one mark looks like another. Now I won't force you to kiss me, but when and if you are ready, I'm always by your side." He says quietly. "You also need to visit your Ma. She's worried sick about you. Actually let's go right now." Daylam said, standing up throwing me over his shoulder like a sack, and jumped into the void.

We popped out at the end of my driveway. I saw my Mom rushing out with Sienna. "Sin! I had no idea where you were! We were so scared! You're grounded for life!" My Mom said while embracing me. Sienna was glaring at Daylam. "Who is he?" Sienna asked grabbing my arm. "My-" I got cut off by Daylam. "I'm her boyfriend. She got a scholarship to go to my boarding school, where she'll get a better education, see her Papa more, and can start over with people she knows." Daylam explains. "I was looking at the school when I fell and got hurt so I couldn't leave for a couple days. Sorry to worry you guys." I Add. Sienna nods and my Mom shook her head.

"You didn't bother telling me?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't believe you're her boyfriend. She doesn't believe in love. I'll only trust you if you guys kiss." Sienna said, grabbing her phone and setting it on recording mode.

Daylam looked at me, asking if he may. I nodded, ready for my first kiss to be used. Daylam leaned down, lifted my chin up, and kissed my lips softly. BEST KISS EVER! I screamed in my mind. He removed his lips and smiled at me. Light appeared around us in a misty fog.

He was my soulmate.