𝗜. i will not ask and neither should you.

i will not ask and neither should you

━━━━━ CHAPTER ONE,
the first step in tabitha ventrix's downfall.

SHE WOKE UP FALLING. Granted, she didn't even know if she woke up, she just came to her senses, opened her eyes, and noticed how fast and cold the wind was against her cheeks that were probably a bright red because of the wind burn, she noticed how the dark colors of the clouds and sky and ground blended together to create one single mass of: what the fuck is happening?

She last remembered talking to her father. Her father. Yes, of course! The last thing he had said to her was: Eyes up, stay sharp, don't forget your training. How could she forget her training? Back then, and she didn't even know when when was, she had thought how idiotic it would be for her to forget her long, hard, strenuous, and continuous years of training; all the blood, sweat, and tears she shed whilst fighting some of the best fighters in the universe. Well, maybe not universe, but you get the point.

(She wished she knew where she was going. If she knew where she was going whilst falling, maybe she would've been able to divert herself and fall on another planet with another war with another evil group with another serum that made her even more inhuman than she already was. But, if she knew where she was going and went somewhere different, the things that had happened to her, wouldn't've happened and she probably would've been miserable for the rest of her basically-maybe-not-she-doesn't-know-it-yet-life.)

The wind rushing past her ears sounded like screams; the screams of the damned, not like she knew what those sounded like, anyways. She couldn't help but wonder what she had done wrong, because she always does something wrong, to deserve this. She had seen most people travel to other planets by means of ship or other travel that was within their grasp; nothing like this. She had never known of someone falling from the sky in order to get to some planet that probably wasn't even that important anyways.

She was too busy wondering what the fuck was happening to notice that the blurred colors of the sky and the clouds and the ground were becoming one solid one: dark. She was too busy to notice that the ground that had seemed far away to begin with was now, most likely, at least 100 feet away. She was too busy to notice that she had even collided with the goddamn ground.

But when she did, she was disoriented. She knew that she had to find her bearings before she could be attacked - her enemy, or anyone for that matter, could come up and strike her while she's down. Rule number one: never show weakness, she thought. She was beating herself up for getting distracted whilst she was practically falling to her death, not paying close enough attention to her surroundings. So, she looked around, trying to gage where exactly she was.

The grass was very green, almost too green. It reminded her of her first day on the planet Titan; she knew that this was no Titan, it felt like something worse. The air smelled like sulfur?, but also like rain. The sky wasn't too dark, the sun was rising in the distance, slowly but surely bringing light upon the planet she was stuck on. Everything looked a tiny bit nicer than it had on her way down, the colors more solid and more one color instead of sixteen.