[ 𝐅 ] 𝐤𝐮 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐦𝐨 | 𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭

desc.
in which [y/n] hears changmo play a melody from her past.

— ✧ —

two years ago

you wandered around the empty school hallways, skipping class. you never cared much for the subject of math. your steps echoed through the hallways as you passed occupied classrooms. you had skipped class enough times to know which hallways the student patrols had watched and which hallways they neglected.

you started your walk towards the creative arts and music wing of the high school. during this time, no one was in their elective classes but rather their academic classes. it was the quietest place in the school at the time.

suddenly, you heard a soft melody coming from the orchestra room on the right end of the hall. curious as to who was disturbing your quiet time, you slowly crept towards the room, trying not to startle whoever was inside.

peeking in, you saw the back of a boy around your age with black hair. his fingers danced across the piano keys as he swayed his head to the serene song. he genuinely looked at peace with himself as he focused on playing the piano.

you glanced up and saw the reflection of the boy on the window. he had sharp eyes, round cheeks, and plump lips. he kind of had a baby face if you thought about it.

you sat down and leaned against the wall next to the door, outside of the room. you listened to the song from beginning to end. he played it repeatedly, trying to perfect the notes. you stayed until there was five minutes left of the period. by then, you had already been on your way to your next period class, one that you actually enjoyed.

the next day, you waited until math had come to skip class again. this time, you had a mission: to find the boy. you went towards the same orchestra room and peeked in, expecting to see the boy. unfortunately, he was nowhere to be found.

you kept repeating the same routine for the next few days. however, you hadn't seen him again after that one time. despite your failed efforts, the melody of his song was still stuck in your head.

───

present day

you hummed the same tune that's been stuck in your head since high school. two years had passed and you still haven't forgotten it. you were in college now and worked part-time on the weekdays and full-time on the weekends at a café to help pay for your living expenses.

the café was decorated with pots of plants and was quite modern. the floors were beige wood and the furniture was mostly all white with some hits of tan and grey. in the back left corner of the café was shiny black piano on an elevated stage platform. the counter and cash register were located in the middle back of the room while tables, chairs, and sofas occupied the remaining space.