chapter 4

Today in the morning when Saad opened his shop for the day he received a strange message from a man requesting his presence to discuss business which would be very profitable for him. First Saad didn't understand how to react to this but was intrigued to know what it was about. And now he was seated in a very luxurious suite in front of a man who was staring at him.

Elisio had arranged meeting with Saad in his suite as he knew once he proposed his proposal ,her uncle may try to make a scene and Elisio did not want unnecessary attention.
"Who are you? And what is the business you talk about?" Asked Saad impatiently.
"My name is Elisio Devonte. My family owns number of businesses around the world and we are one of the richest people in the world." Said Elisio with full of arrogance which did not set well with Saad.
"Well that's good for you. What I don't understand is what would such a big businessman require from a very small businessman like me? What possible business can we have in common?" Said Saad.
"We do have something in common. You have something I would like to acquire. And would like to make a very generous and profitable proposal to you to make it mine." Elisio said with a smirk.
"And what is that?" Saad asked curiously.
"I would propose a marriage proposal between me and your niece Sabrina. If you agree which you will I will clear all your debts and give you a large sum of money which will help you live a happy life." Said Elisio like it was a everyday thing he did. Saad was blankly staring at him.
"She is a child. She just started college not even a month ago. And you wish me get her married to you. And you make it sound like she is a thing or a commodity which you want to exchange for money. I am sorry she is my responsibility. My brother trusted me to make a right decision for her. And I would never sell her." Said Saad.
"Look I am a very rich guy and i can give her everything she ever wants in life. I will make her very happy. You have to get her married someday why not now? How will you ever find a guy like me. As I said I am very rich." Said Elisio.
"Money is not everything in life" Saad states.
Elisio laughs out loud and looks at Saad and says "you of all the people should know how important money is. You have debts which you have no way of clearing. Does your family know that both your shops are slipping out of your hand and you may not be able to keep the house too." Said Elisio. Saad was shocked how he knew that. Saad had not told his family about it.
Elisio looked at Saad and knew he had him cornered . He took out his checkbook and filled it , signed it and gave to him. Saad took the check in his hand and was shocked at the amount filled in it.
"5 CRORES" exclaimed Saad. "But I have debt of few lakhs" said Saad looking up at Elisio who was standing in front of him.
"As I said not only will this money clear your debt but will also help you live a happy life." Said Elisio with a smile.
"But what about Sabrina's happiness?" Said Saad still looking at the check.
Elisio saw him staring at the check and knew he won the negotiation. He placed his hand on his shoulder and said  "I will keep her happy".
Saad wanted to believe that but he felt a negative aura coming from him.
"You have to convince your niece to marry me. And the wedding will be held this Sunday. It will be a simple ceremony and rituals can be held according to your culture. I will have another wedding ceremony back home according to my culture. So that both our families will be satisfied with the wedding." Said Elisio. Saad was trembling with anxiety. Elisio had thought about everything. What was he to say to the family. "Sunday is too soon it's already Tuesday." Said Saad with a panic voice.
"Don't worry about the arrangements I will take care of it. All you have to do is show up, give your niece's hand in my hand and cash your check the next day." Said Elisio and continued "look I am a busy man and I have wedding arrangements to take care of so you can leave now."
Saad looked at the rude man in front of him and was wondering if he was even a good man.
Saad got up from the chair and walked out of the suite.
"Are you sure he won't back out?" asked Arlo.
"He took the check with him. He won't back out. Sabrina is mine." Elisio said happily and then continued "time to call grandpa and dad and make wedding arrangements."
.....................................................................

Saad had come back to the shop and could not concentrate on anything. His worker asked him if he was ok and he said he will be heading home as his mind is preoccupied with things. He instructed his worker to take care of the shop and lock it at the end of the day. He glanced at his watch and realised it was time for Sabrina to head back home from college. Maybe he could get some alone time with her and talk to her before they went home. He went to the college and stood outside the gate. He spotted her and approached her.
"Uncle what are you doing here?" Sabrina asked.
"I-i t-thought we could spend  sometime t-together and t-talk." Shuttered Saad which only made Sabrina curious to her uncle's intentions but agreed nonetheless.
"You like cold coffee, right? Want to go get that and do you think they may have hot coffee there too?" Saad asked his niece who he had seen grow up and loved as his own daughter. But could he do something like this to his own daughter? Could he exchange her for money ? That is something he didn't want on his conscious right now. He had a family to take care well two families to take care. This was a easy solution. Everyone would be happy. Elisio Devonte was a rich man and could take care of her every need. She could always soften his heart ultimately. But do people like him change?

They walked into a small cafe nearby and sat down in a table after placing their order. Soon the waiter bought their drinks. Saad was watching Sabrina drink her cold coffee and was thinking, what would she say?  how would she react?

"What did you want to talk to about uncle?" Asked his niece looking at him with trust in her eyes.
"Do you know Elisio Devonte?" Asked Saad.
Sabrina thought for a minute and answered "No. Why?"
"Are you sure?" Asked Saad.
"What is this about uncle. Why are you asking me this? I have never heard this name ever. I promise." Said Sabrina. Saad could see the sincerity in her eyes.
"I had gone to Leela palace hotel today to meet him. He called me to talk about you. H-he wants to m-marry you." Said Saad without meeting her eyes. He had to spill out everything before he looses his nerve and so he continued "he seems like a g-good g-guy." He lied. He didn't think he was any where close to a good guy but he continued anyways "me and your father together could not find a better match for you." he wishes god could forgive him for his lies to this innocent soul. 
Sabrina looked at her uncle and with a very soft voice asked him if he agreed to the proposal and he nodded 'yes'.
"What about my studies? I just started college." Asked Sabrina not meeting his eyes.
"Maybe if you request him he will agree to let you continue your studies. Look Sabrina your father trusted you with me. And not only you but the whole family. I can only say you agreeing to this marriage will only do good to the family." Said Saad.
"How?" Asked Sabrina with tears in her eyes.
How can he tell her the truth? "Just believe me when I say it will." She nodded and looked down. NOW for the bigger news. "Sabrina you will be marrying him this Sunday".
That was the last straw and Sabrina bust into tears that she was controlling for a while. Saad did not have in him to Console this child.

They went home together in silence. When they reached home everyone were shocked to see them together and enquired about it. Sabrina just walked up to her room and pulled out her father's picture from under her pillow and started to sob. After sometime she heard commotion coming from downstairs. She could hear her mother scream at her uncle. She layed on her pillow still holding her father's picture and recalled what her uncle had told her. Then she thought maybe if she talked to this guy personally he would maybe understand that she did not want to get married yet or maybe marry him after her studies are over. But where do I find him? Her uncle mentioned he met him in a hotel she could try to meet him there. She now only prayed that he had a kind heart and consider her feelings.