Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Sitting in the living room, I have Tig's patches sewn on and am working on Happy's. "This brings back memories." Juice says, looking at me. "What?" I ask. "Us hanging out and you sewing on all of our patches." he tells me. "So this was why you all keep me around. To sew your shit?" I ask. "Nah. You're cute to look at too doll." Tig says and I flip him off. "God I've missed you guys." I say and a tear starts to fall. "Hey, you okay babe?" Juice asks. "Hormones man. Last time she cried over everything." Happy says. "Surely not." Juice says. "Brother, you remember that Kleenex commercial? The animated one with the little girl with the red nose?" Happy asks. "The one where her mom wiped her nose?" Juice asks. Happy nods his head yes. "Yeah." Juice says. "She cried for two whole days at that one. It was all she talked about for those two days." Happy says. "Really?" Juice asks, looking at me and I nod my head yes. "My hormones are going to be crazy." I tell him. "Oh and she's going to be sniffing you. A lot." Tig says and I glare at him. "What?" Juice asks laughing. "Man, anytime she got near me or Happy she was sniffing us. The smell of leather was insane for her." Tig says. Juice looks at me and I say "It made me feel closer to you." He walks over and kisses me softly and when he pulls away, I see Happy looking away. I look at Happy and when he looks back at me, he nods his head just a little to let me know he's okay.

After I finish with Happy's kutte, I hand it to him and ask "Hap, can I get a minute?" He looks at Juice and he nods before getting up and following me out to the back deck. I take a seat on the top step and he sits next to me. "What's on your mind little girl?" he asks. "Are you okay?" I ask, not looking at him. "Yeah babe, why?" he asks. I look at him and say "I saw you look away when Juice kissed me. Talk to me." I say. "Nothing for you to worry about." he tells me. "Don't do that shit. You know we don't keep shit from each other. Tell me. Please?" I ask. He sighs and says "Shit's different now. Before, even though I knew he was alive, it was like we were together, you know?" he asks. "I know but Happy, even then you knew I still belonged to Juice." I tell him. "I know but it was the closest I was getting to being with you and I was good with that. But now..." he says and I cut him off "He's back and you think shit's going to stop between us." I say. "Yeah." he says. "Look, before you got here, Juice and I talked about it. He knows I take care of you just like you do me. I know you won't take an Old Lady and you need someone to take care of your stubborn ass. That doesn't stop because Juice is home. I'm still here. Of course in a few months there's going to be a lot more of me but still. I'm here." I tell him and we both laugh. "You know I love you." he tells me. "I know. I love you too." I tell him. "No babe, I love you. I always have." he tells me. I look at him and smile softly and say "I know Hap. I've always known." He looks down at his hands and asks "If he would have really died, do you think that you would have ever been with me?" I take his hand and lace my fingers with his like I have many times and say "I think, eventually I would have. It would have taken me some time to be okay with letting myself move on but yeah. Happy, you're my best friend and I love you. No matter what. I love you." I tell him. "I love you too babe." he tells me before we get up and head back inside. I walk back over to Juice and he looks at Happy and asks "You guys good?" Happy says "Yeah brother. We're good." before taking his seat on the couch.

A little later, they go to leave and Tig hugs me and says "See you later little mama." he tells me and I can't help but laugh. "Be safe old man." I tell him and he fakes being hurt before Juice walks him out, leaving me to say goodbye to Happy. He hugs me and whispers "I love you little girl. You call me if you need me. I don't care what time or where I am." he tells me. "I will Hap. I love you too. Please be safe. I need you whole okay?" I ask and he nods.

Kissing his cheek, I let my lips linger a little longer and whisper "Thank you Happy." He looks at me and nods before walking out the door. Juice walks back in and we lock up the house before we both head to bed. I lay with my back to Juice and his hand goes to my stomach and we drift off to sleep with smiles on our faces.