Epilogue II

"Who am I?" I asked to the woman in front of me.

Her eyes were full of tears. But she immediately stiffened, and wiped it right away. She smiled. "You're Kenneth. Kenneth Constantine Jimenez. And I am your mother."

I nodded. But for me... It doesn't seem right. Am I really Kenneth?

* * *

"Do I really have to look at the library?" I asked Mueller on the phone.

"Well, duh. Of course," she answered. "I don't want to trust the Internet. Mas mapagkaka-tiwalaan ang lib in this situation."

I sighed heavily, and turned the call off. Tinatapos nalang namin ang aming thesis, since we need to graduate. My Mom would actually kill me if I didn't. Mom is really scary for some time. Isang tingin niya lang, parang papatayin na ako. That's how strict she is when I was young. But it changed. Nang makasama ko na ang barkada ko, I don't how wild I went.

I was busy looking for the books that are needed. Habang ginagawa 'yon, I heard someone chuckling.

My eyes widened, nang malaman na si Wendy ay nasa harapan ko. She was on the other side of the shelf.

"Shit," I muttered.

Iba na talaga ang pinaparamdam sa akin ni Wendy. I don't know. She really was different from the other girls. She was the reason why I broke up with Leslie, and didn't find another to deal with a relationship again! Ano ba'ng meron sa 'yo, Wendy?

Nanlaki ang mga mata niya nang makita niya ako.

"Wendy..." I said.

"Um, hi?" she replied awkwardly.

My lips parted. Hindi na ako magrereklamo. I am very fond of hurting her. Hurting her innocent and sincere heart. So, I have no right to complain if she'll act like this to me.

"Ano'ng ginagawa mo rito?" I asked instead.

"Uh, may hinahanap lang," she answered, then smiled. "Ikaw? Ano'ng ginagawa mo rito?"

I smiled, because finally, she can build a conversation between us. "May kukunin lang rin," I replied. "May inutos kasi sina Mueller sa akin. Kunin ko raw iyong dalawang makakapal na dictionary, for our thesis."

And I regretted what I said. Fuck. Dapat 'di ko nalang binanggit ang pangalan ni Mueller! I saw how it affected her, and changed her mood. Wala na akong nagawa. I shut my mouth to prevent something I'll say again.

"Makakapal talaga? 'Di ba pwedeng i-internet niyo nalang ang terms sa gagamitin niyo?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, mas sigurado raw sila sa dictionary."

"Oh, kaya pala," she replied. She avoided her gaze from mine. "So, alis na ako... Someone's waiting for me."

I just smiled. Smiled because that's the only I can do. I can't ask her to stay, kasi ano ba'ng karapatan ko?

Itinuloy ko nalang ang paghanap 'dun sa libro. When I finally found it, I tried my best to reach. Sobrang bigat naman ng mga 'to!

But I didn't expect that the other large books will fall from its place. It landed directly to my head. Fuck, that hurts for sure.

Napa-upo ako nang dahil sa sakit, habang ang mga kamay ko ay nasa ulo. Fuck. It totally hurts! Nahihilo ako.

"Uy, Kenneth! Ayos ka lang?" I heard Wendy asked, as she caressed my head. Napapikit ako dahil sa haplos ng kamay niya sa ulo ko. But... There's something popping inside my head. Unknown memories.