XII. Face To Face With Death

Chapter Twelve
'   Face To Face With Death '

APRIL 6TH , 2005

━━━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━━ ✞ ━━━━━┓
𝐕𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒.
┗━━━━━ ✞ ━━━━━┛
━━━━━━━━━━━━

┗━━━━━ ✞ ━━━━━┛━━━━━━━━━━━━

ˋ✧ ━━ •   ➳♡゛• ━━ ✧ˊ

━━IT had been a full day since Elizabeth last heard from Edward and the others.

The fear of James hurting Charlie or Lillian seemed to start taking a toll on her.

She didn't speak to Jasper or Alice—not even Bella since they got to the hotel.

She stayed in bed—pretending that she was asleep while they tried to figure out what to do.

She tossed and turned after a few hours of nothing. The lack of sleep made her eyes throb and hurt.

She exhaled deeply as she felt an urge to fall asleep.

Elizabeth knew it was Jaspers doing.

- ☾ -

APRIL  7TH,  2005

━━SHE didn't know how long she slept after Jasper helped her sleep—only that her body ached with exhaustion when she woke up.

Getting out of bed she ate then took a shower and dug through her bag for a change of clothes.

Her own eyes dug into her soul as she stared into the mirror after getting dressed—seeing a weak—restless human.

She blinked away the tears that formed as she thought about her mother... and then looked away.

- ☾ -

APRIL  8TH ,  2005

━━ALONG with Jasper—Alice and Bella. She hasn't left the hotel since they got there.

She stayed in bed like she did since they first got there—hiding under the covers in hopes time would pass without her having to do anything or waste any energy.

Jasper and Alice have checked up on her multiple times—but she harshly told them the same things she had yelled to Bella earlier that day.